Frustration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
Just wanted a rant at retailers who promise something and let you down. my items were supposed to take 2-3 weeks to import.

I ordered battery tray and apron 23rd of last month and it still hasn't arrived let alone fitted on to the car. If i had of known the real time frame i would have ordered direct from one of the suppliers in the U.S mtself.

I can deal with not being able to find a part i need and waiting for it to be for sale somewhere.

Hi Steve,

I share your frustration in regards wait or lagg times for getting imported parts

Down here in Australia, you can be caught out badly sometimes waiting for parts to arrive by post. It makes the whole resto experience rather frustrating sometimes, but my advice is to try and see the bigger picture here, step back, and realize that owning an American classic in a far away country, brings with it, an extra burden for trying to get parts and service correct and on time.

Many times, i have wished i would be living in America, because that would have made my restoration process a whole lot easier in every way. In that sense, it is a real legacy to be owning an American classic in a foreign country.

You wont be getting a cheap or easy ride.:-/:-/

Try and be patient, and hang in there mate! Sadly, the waiting game goes with the territory i'm afraid.

Greg.:)

I am honestly more in awe, impressed and inspired by you all who own these cars and live outside of the United States. How awesome it must be when you have it out on the road and see people enjoying its presence.

I am honestly more in awe, impressed and inspired by you all who own these cars and live outside of the United States. How awesome it must be when you have it out on the road and see people enjoying its presence.
Thanks Mike,

Australians and New Zealanders love their American classic cars. There are thousands and thousands of them in our countries. Street appeal is big in both our countries, and you get a lot of big, positive feedback when you're out driving around. Yes, it is an awesome experience. But like i said above, owning one here, brings an extra price and price to pay compared to owning one in the States.

Greg.:-/

Once i got all the bits on the car and get a road safety certificate(M.O.T) i can then register the car in the U.K. The registraion process and issuing of number plates for the car takes 4-6 weeks.

I want to try and keep to a schedule. Not a time based schedule but the order in which i tackle the restoration. I was really hoping to get the engine pulled out, stripped down, and gone through to ensure the engine is O.K. The car has done just over 93,000 so thats my main reaon and also to have the block painted back to factory condition.

I have had the left leg amputated just below the knee. I have had major issues with nerve pain since the operation. I am due another operation on 12th september and wanted the engine done before then as i will not be able to wear my prosthetic leg for 3 months(December) and then have to wait another 6 weeks before another one is cast and made for me( Mid January). So it now looks likely that i won't be able to get stuck into the restoration until January next year.

The upside to the delay is once the engine is out i will have the money in place to pay for a bare metal respray so i will only have to pull the engine out once.

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your personal medical information. Please allow me to say how sorry i am that you find yourself in this situation. Forgive me as i didn't fully understand your situation.

Trying to keep to a schedule, and trying to make sure everything falls into place for you is not an easy task i'm sure.

All i can say, is that i sincerely hope that matters work out in your favor, and you end up with some good results that you are happy with.

Greg.

Well said. Fully agree and appreciate our International members. ::thumb::

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your personal medical information. Please allow me to say how sorry i am that you find yourself in this situation. Forgive me as i didn't fully understand your situation.

Trying to keep to a schedule, and trying to make sure everything falls into place for you is not an easy task i'm sure.

All i can say, is that i sincerely hope that matters work out in your favor, and you end up with some good results that you are happy with.

Greg.
Concur. (+1) Best of luck Steve.

Ray

I am so sorry and understand your frustration. I find it ironic that you go through a third party, who works with American suppliers, who get parts manufactured in China.

Before anyone flames me, I know not all are, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the leg is concerned i just get on with life. Fortunately its not a important piece of me thats missing. I am still able to think and breathe and use my hands. Life is what you make it. Thank You for all your comments ::thumb::

Steve,

You're an inspiration. Helps put me put my own frustrations with my car in perspective. Best of luck with the parts. Glad to hear they are on the way (via the other tread). We will be pulling for you.

Scott

Back