New carb suggestion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof
Okayyyyyy, we rebuilt the carb today for the Sprint and got her started......however, the carb is trashed. We could see where someone over the years had beat on the inside of the throttle body, pieces were jury rigged on the inside, and other issues. The carb is toast. Can someone suggest a Quality Company who I can order a quality remanufacured or new Carb that will bolt right on? Its a: 1972, 351c, 4v, Q code, cobra jet, automatic. Thanks for the help guys it is always appreciated. It was good to hear her start up at least.:D

For your car, I would send the original carb to pony carbs and have it redone.

Don

Thank you I checked out their site I will ship it out Monday morning. Exactly what I was hoping for, but I didnt know they existed.

*****Sniff sniff.....I packed up my carb to send off Monday morning.*****

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice! Pony Carbs does a monthly article in the Mustang Club of America Mustang Times magazine. It appears they know what there doing!

Yeah this is really a good information on carb and it's uses. Car is something which we use in our daily life and we are very sensitive about our car. Recently I have had a big scratches all over my car and I was really pissed of the way the scratches were done. I am actually thinking of getting a Car wrap which would bring back my car in old look. I am trying to get more information on this because I am looking for a cheap service to get my job done. Though my car is an old model and I like the way it is but scratches which is just at the front of the car gives a very bad impression who ever sees my car. If there is any shorty of product or a cheap service available to fix this problem please do let me know I would really appreciate it.
???

spam.jpg

Okayyyyyy, we rebuilt the carb today for the Sprint and got her started......however, the carb is trashed. We could see where someone over the years had beat on the inside of the throttle body, pieces were jury rigged on the inside, and other issues. The carb is toast. Can someone suggest a Quality Company who I can order a quality remanufacured or new Carb that will bolt right on? Its a: 1972, 351c, 4v, Q code, cobra jet, automatic. Thanks for the help guys it is always appreciated. It was good to hear her start up at least.:D
I went with a Holley 0-80670 for my '71 M-code. Bolt on drive away.

mike

same here..besides the heads..runing the original 4v heads on mine...ran the 600cfm manual choke ....but with the new cam and headers..i got to move up too a bigger carb 750cfm...but for stock fun..the hard to beat the old 1405 mannual choke... perfict for a stock 351 4v cleveland...i couldnt tell a diffrence between it and my old 4300d on the street..and from pony carbs...there remade non matching numbers 4300d is allmost 900 bucks last i checked....and if you still got the original carb...keep it!! there like gold right now....but better put away in a box...but if your worried about it looking all original...pony carbs are great...i looked at them a few times my self..lol

I've used Edelbrock carbs on my 351C - I'm also using an Edelbrock intake manifold and Edelrock aluminum heads, so it's kind of a package deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back