Seatbelt location

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spothead

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 mustang. 351c 4v B+M c6
Hi I just got done doing some repairs to the floor section under the rear seat where the retractable half of the seatbelt is located. Like a dumb ass I forgot to take note the location. I need to drill the hole and weld in the mounting plate. Does anyone by chance have the measurements of the location for the retractable seatbelt?

Bump. I'd like to know also, I have a 73 vert and original 73 retractors but they seem too close to the rear of the front seat and don't seem to fit; should the retractor fit upright or sideways?

I suspect my car has the hole for fitting to the inner rocker in the incorrect position.

Any measurements to that bolt hole location welcome, or measurements or really good view of seatbelt retractor location.

Bump. I'd like to know also, I have a 73 vert and original 73 retractors but they seem too close to the rear of the front seat and don't seem to fit; should the retractor fit upright or sideways?

I suspect my car has the hole for fitting to the inner rocker in the incorrect position.

Any measurements to that bolt hole location welcome, or measurements or really good view of seatbelt retractor location.
I asked the same a while back in a post hope this pic helps someone else sent it to me cant remember who

rearseatbeltlocation.jpeg

Assuming that you have a fastback (sportsroof), what year. You can use your inner quarter panels to line them up in some cases
I have a convertible, it actually the retractor for the front seats I'm interested in, its bolted to the inner rocker and you pull the belt out of the plastic covered retractor over your lap to attach the other part of the lapbelt that is attached to the trans tunnel.

I've searched through all the 71/3 gallery photos on here and there are only 2 photos that sort of show the bolt fixing location but detail is not great, it looks as though the retractor lies or pivots on it side with a torx bolt, I guess so a rear seat passenger can enter the car without tripping over the seatbelt retractor.

With the door closed and viewed from inside where would that bolt hole align with the closed door panel, ie 2"3"4"5" from the edge of the closed door, ie draw a vertical line down to the rocker to the bolt hole location of the seatbelt retractor.

This parts location on the inner rocker, http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-73-Ford-Mustang-Original-Front-Seat-Belt-Retractor-Assemblies-1-pr-/152132224216

Back