Mustang Pony Run. July 10th. 2016.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys just wanted to give you a heads up. If anyone is interested in going to an all Mustang show and cruise, there will be one in Western PA on July 10th. They have been putting this on for a couple years now and it gets bigger every year. We all meet up for coffee and donuts in morning for sign ups, then check out the cars for an hour or two. After everyone is checked in, we get in our cars and go on a 60 mile cruise through the country side and along the river. Nice scenery and views. Good people and a lot of fun. Here is a link to the thread I put up about it last year. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-mustang-cruise-today

Also if you would like more information here is a link to the cruise info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1692147811059784/

This is the starting location : 340 Ferree Rd, Emlenton, Pennsylvania 16373 Sign in starts at 11AM. Hit the road around 1PM. And we usually have one stop for some icecream along the route. So if anyone can make it let me know and I hope to see some of you there!!

Good that you can still do that. The local Mustang club here has been told that they cannot do a run like this with a bunch of cars. If they do they will all get a ticket, sucks. You can apply for a permit but limits the number of cars and where you can go. They use to take a run across the Blue Ridge Parkway but they also said same thing and that gets you a Federal ticket, also sucks.

An attorney friend thinks that if it was taken to court that they could not enforce it. Taking away your freedom for sure. Public road, within speed limits don't see how it is possible but they have not bucked it to try.

The president of our local Mustang Club is a LEO. When we do Blue Ridge parkway cruises we enter the park in groups of 5 to 10 cars at a time out of about 40 Mustangs and have not had a problem. Then meet up at the first overlook. Even the Park Ranger at the entrance gate was complimenting the Mustangs. But you may always find the Barney Fife type who may try to enforce it.

We are pretty far out in the country. We don't really go though any cities but do pass through 1 small town, that's where we get homemade icecream! Most of the cruise is through the hills and valleys near the Allegheny River all nice country roads.

I would be pissed if someone said you couldn't go drive around with your buddies. Same as the bike rides they always have. No one ever says anything about them.

I does seem not possible but I was at the meeting when the president of the local mustang club made the announcement that they could not do the runs. Yes motorcycles are here by the hundreds sometimes when they have a rally for a make like BMW at the Biltmore Estate. They will do a drive by hundreds of bikes. They have poker runs with bikes everywhere. I just do not think it would hold up in court if they did write a ticket. That would be a great discrimination case. One can and another cannot, don't think so.

Back