EFI USERS- Anyone Use An OEM Type Gas Filter?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
Hello all,

I'm looking to remain mostly stock looking so I'm looking for a OEM look pre fuel pump filter. A metal canister type instead of billet.

I was thinking of using something like the below picture. Anybody use something similar or can recommend something that has worked for them when running an EFI system? TIA

2z6go5y.jpg

I use 2 filters, a pre and a post one. This is the one that I used for post: https://www.msdperformance.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/parts/2924

You want to make sure that the filter can handle the high fuel pressure so that the case does not burst. For the pre filter you can use any metal case one with good filtration media and this one is not subjected to high pressures. I have this one located close to the fuel tank and before the pump. This one will catch a majority of the contaminants in the tank and fuel.

Thanks for the response. I believe a 40 micron pre-pump filter and a 10 micron filter before the EFI unit? Is that correct?

I'm running this Holley electric pump currently with my Edelbrock Performer carb, which has a screw-in canister-style fuel filter ahead of the pump.

attachment.php

When I install the E-Street TBI, it has a 1-gallon reserve tank with a high pressure pump, since I'm running a "returnless" set up. I believe it has its own filtration system between the tank and the TBI itself, but this Holley pump will stay in-place as a "lift pump" for the system, since the reserve tank will be under the hood.

Thanks for the response. I believe a 40 micron pre-pump filter and a 10 micron filter before the EFI unit? Is that correct?
Yeah, that's good. To hide everything I mounted the pump and pre filter similar to Eric's (didn't have that pic) and the post filter in the front wheelwell, this hid everything.

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

Back