71-3 Mustang Go Cart bodies

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been communicating with this guy and will get one of these bodies hopefully soon. Been looking and posting on the Shriners websites for years to see if anyone wants to sell, but no luck :( This guy is finally making them and I gotta say it looks great! I first saw these gokarts in a Shriners parade. I just want the body and will make a gokart chassis for it :)

Yes. I agree. These new ones look really nice. I always wondered if one of the old ones would pop up on ebay. So I established an email alert for ebay to notify me if the words "Conval" and "Mustang" ever showed up together...

I heard the Shriners purchased the only mold and would not release any cars for public purchase.

Be sure and keep us posted on your progress with your mini (big) stang!

Ray

I've been communicating with this guy and will get one of these bodies hopefully soon. Been looking and posting on the Shriners websites for years to see if anyone wants to sell, but no luck :( This guy is finally making them and I gotta say it looks great! I first saw these gokarts in a Shriners parade. I just want the body and will make a gokart chassis for it :)
Dj...I have tons of racing go kart parts ..tires.. motors..gears seats..My son & i raced for quite a few years ..Did all my own motor blueprinting building..Let me know what you need or if you need any advice.

100_1342.JPG100_1343.JPG

I have tons of racing go kart parts ..tires.. motors..gears seats..My son & i raced for quite a few years ..Did all my own motor blueprinting building..Let me know what you need or if you need any advice.

Q my sons and myself got into these Karts last year, started with 3 older ones, now there is 3 newer ones in the shop, most fun I have ever had with the kids.

I have to ask, either you always ran out front or way in the back. The nose on that Karts is too clean, no scuffs or cracks from getting to the front LOL

Don

I have tons of racing go kart parts ..tires.. motors..gears seats..My son & i raced for quite a few years ..Did all my own motor blueprinting building..Let me know what you need or if you need any advice.
Q my sons and myself got into these Karts last year, started with 3 older ones, now there is 3 newer ones in the shop, most fun I have ever had with the kids.

I have to ask, either you always ran out front or way in the back. The nose on that Karts is too clean, no scuffs or cracks from getting to the front LOL

Don

It is a TON of fun !!! I have a few straight rails we race in empty parking lots..Built up a briggs ..unlimited motor..big cam..modified head..flowed & ported..alum flywheel tillitsin carb open pipe..Thing sounds like a harley..& is pushing almost 18 hp sick kart I should post up a vid ! We always ran up front !!! I looking to sell that kart if your interested it's an 05 ultramax blaze never crashed in perfect cond. If your interested I'm sure we could work out a cash & parts trade..It's got a dover power kit motor with less than 12 runs on it not even broken in

found this pic of the Shriners & their old 71 Conval  go carts.

Thought I'd post here and put under gallery, misc pics.

Conval Mustang Shriners.jpg

If anyone is building one of these, (FasTnNefariouS) ?

be sure and keep us posted.  I would love to build one but will just have to live through someone else's build for now...

Ray

71-73 Mustang1 (2).jpgHi All,

I am new to this forum.

I have a 71-73 Mustang go kart I have done up in the Original "Gone in 60 Seconds" paint sheme.

This is an original body and frame, as you can see from the pics of how I got it. I loaned it to the guy from jrcentral.com and he pulled a mold from it to be able to allow others to have one.

I took 3 of my cars to the local Mustang rally this summer.

Scott

Additional pic of the frame and the car

71-73 Mustang.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this could be the answer to my convertible desire/dilemma.

BTW, Welcome Scott! Please post an intro thread so we can properly welcome you.

Maybe this could be the answer to my convertible desire/dilemma.

BTW, Welcome Scott! Please post an intro thread so we can properly welcome you.
Thanks Don! I posted.

Scott,

Do they run on a starter motor and 12 volt battery?...or gas engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,

Don,

Both. The 71-73 is a "electric" uses a starter motor and battery.

The black 67 is a original gas powered using a 3.5 briggs and stratton.

The red 65 is actually a chinese 50 cc go kart with remote start, fun to let the little and big kids climb into it for a pic and then click the remote starter in my pocket LOL!.

9.jpg

pic922.jpg

Scott,

Don,

Both. The 71-73 is a "electric" uses a starter motor and battery.

The black 67 is a original gas powered using a 3.5 briggs and stratton.

The red 65 is actually a chinese 50 cc go kart with remote start, fun to let the little and big kids climb into it for a pic and then click the remote starter in my pocket LOL!.
I bet that is fun to do!

I'm really diggin the dual exhausts on the red '65. Don't hold back with the pics. These are really cool cars!

Thanks Don,

Here is a pic of one that recently sold for $3500.

5Q55S55R03ne3k03l4baq1f39ff9d1ad8156f.jpg

5V25T65Z43pa3o03l1baqd49617fbcde1129a.jpg

5Y55T45Q63nd3k23p3baq16b4bb10e72b1002.jpg

Back