Deluxe wood grain Panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I was looking on Ebay and found this to replace my tired wood grain;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291261674756?euid=4932c5d99b3f44c2ae8645f6bbf844fa&bu=43036312241&cp=1&exe=12742&ext=32470&es=3&nqc=FCAAAAAAAAAAAABAKAAAAEAAAAAAAQAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAEAACEIAAEABAAAAAAAAABQAAAAABAAAAAYABAABAAAAAAIAAAAAAABA*&nqt=FCAAACAAAAAAAABAKEAAAEAAEEAAAQAAAAAARAAAAgAAAQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAACAEAACEIAAEABAAAAAAAAABQAAAAABAAAAAYABAABAAAAAAIAAAAAAABA*&ec=1&sojTags=es=es,nqc=nqc,nqt=nqt,ec=ec,exe=exe,ext=ext,bu=bu

The seller said "This was the color used in Fords also. What are the dimensions of the door insert. Can you shoot me a picture to my cell phone at 586-214-4062"

As you all know my car is off at the mechanics so i am not able to take any measurements right now.

So the first thing i need to know is if the wood grain is correct for my door inserts?

Second if the woodgrain is right could someone measure the longest point and highest point on the woodgrain insert for me?

Finally whats the international dialling code for the U.S?

As Judge said they do look narrow.

I used some contact paper on mine. Close in color, but not perfect. Here are some pictures and there is a 12 inch ruler in one picture, but I don't have the measurements.

Hi Steve,

Forget about the Ebay contact you supplied above.

First question to you is, are the trim panels in good condition regards plastic chrome and mat black infill perimeter. If yes, then your fake original wood grain finish has seen better days it seems.

Mike has posted a good workable solution by placing new contact fake wood grain finish over the old fake wood grain insert.

However, if the plastic chrome surrounds are not looking all that good, then i would recommend buying a new repro pair off Sir Don from Ohio Mustang.

Reference:

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2994

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Mine have definately had a hard life

Would prefer to fit a original replacement set or refurb my set. Osborn reproductions and repops do reproduction woodgrain but not for the door trims.

There is a good used set on Ebay too;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-73-Mustang-Original-Used-Deluxe-Door-Panel-Wood-Grain-Panels-Inserts/331817617727?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36866%26meid%3D9003f31c879a4f209993a0b0b982b2d3%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D291261674756

Plenty of time to make the right decision

20160628_143201.jpg

I found this company on Ebay and proceeded to their website. They claim to be "WORLD'S LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF LICENSED

RESTORATION DECAL, STRIPE AND STENCIL KITS". So has anyone here used this company? Although the product i require is not listed they state that they can produce custom orders.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/

Wow, if those are your door panels, I would not try and restore the inserts as they seem to be bent anyway.

I usually compare the amount of work it takes to refurbish, the likelihood of success and the price for a new part.

Looks as if in this case the anount if work is not worth the questionable success. (No offense intended. I know my talent is not enough to get those looking halfway decent again).

Anyway, you asked for measurements, here they come (in metric)

The woodgrain inserts are 560mm long at the top, 526 at the bottom.

Height at the front is 85 mm, at the rear is 64mm.

Carbon Fiber - FTW!!

attachment.php

Just sayin'. rofl

We replaced our own vinyl bought from I can't remember who, that was a while back.

There are companies that sell vinyl sheets for this purpose. Not hard to do but you

need to take GREAT care with the mounting pins. They can only handle a few bending's

then break off. You may be better off buying from Don of OMS. Another issue is matching

the door panels with the dash vinyl. Got my dash vinyl from Don.

mike

Another issue is matching the door panels with the dash vinyl. Got my dash vinyl from Don.

mike
SMS Auto Fabrics are doing my door panels as a special order. My dash does need doing but there are far too many large cracks and holes to make it viable as a recover. I have emailed dashesdirect.com for a quote on a full restoration. It taking me a lot of research and worthwhile effort hunting down people that will deal with a Deluxe green interior. At least i know to steer clear of certain colors on the next car(If this one ever gets finished!!)

Back