Whats this worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough to tell paint and body in photos, but... Around here, that would be a 13K car. More or less. Even with the wrong motor, seats, hood paint, etc.

If you are wanting to build an original car stay away from it too much incorrect showing so more is hidden for sure. The seats are 1984-86 SVO. Of course only the Mexican Mustangs got the 351 Windsor so that is wrong. The black out on the hood for sure tells you the person that did the car does not know the cars.

It is my opinion that you can get a good rust free car, correct engine, trans, etc, that needs a complete rebuild and come out way ahead. I have seen some really nice cars go for less than this on eBay this past year.

All,

I am curious about the front chrome bumper. I noticed that it has what looks to be water run off wear. I found an early thread from the forum with talking points concerning the chrome bumper. The owner should have given more info. It could be a clone.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-did-any-mach1-s-come-with-a-chrome-bumper

It would have been nice to see the VIN number.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
No title, just a bill of sale?
Vermont does not issue titles for cars over 15 years old nor do they require them to register, just a bill of sale. Some other states are the same. Really limits who we can sell to if an out of state buyer requires a title for their state.

For circumstances/situations like that, you should be able to file for a new title in whatever state you reside. Contact your local DMV for more information.

Mine was actually a Texas car, but it had been out of the system so long, and the previous owner lost the title and disappeared after I bought it, so I had to run through the whole 'apply for a new title because the car doesn't exist in Texas' process through the Texas DMV. It's not too horrible, but you'll definitely want to make sure you have your bill of sale notarized, as well as get the car inspected by someone the DMV trusts (like someone from the Sheriff's Dept Motor Vehicle Inspection Office) to verify the VIN and other things are in order. I went through the regional DMV Special Titles Office, and the person there was extremely helpful.

Regardless, as Scott says, this is gotta be a scam - using someone else's pics from Craigslist is just wrong.

Vermont does not issue titles for cars over 15 years old nor do they require them to register, just a bill of sale. Some other states are the same. Really limits who we can sell to if an out of state buyer requires a title for their state.
Importing into the U.K is very easy. However try and register the vehicle without a title and its close to impossible. It can be done BUT its a very long drawn out process that have ruined many peoples dream of owning and restoring a American car. :shootself:

I knew there were some states with time limits on titles, just weren't sure how they are handled.

Kind of hard to imagine someone buying a GT500 with just a bill of sale. Those laws must have came about in the 50s or 60s when a 15+ year old car wasn't worth much.

I responded to an ad in Phoenix a few weeks ago...received a text from a local number promising more pictures and details...they emailed me a bunch of pictures and a really strange BS story. It was a total scam.

I watch for various cars and parts and have seen A LOT of scams lately. Claz.org is a multi listing search tool....I see scams constantly when searching on this site.

Back