Global West Subframe Connectors Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlogan

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Convertible 302
Hi all, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of GW subframe connectors for my 71 vert. I am going this route since I have noticed some sag in my door jamb area only when driving over bumpy roads, but none the less need to stiffen the ride up. Does anyone have a tutorial or advice on how to install these? Car on the ground or up?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I put sub frame connectors on my 70 STang. I did on the ground. It did make a noticeable different. I could feel the change when corner and at the strip.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine with the car supported on all four wheels on a lift. I had a little difficulty installing one of them because it had a little bit of a twist to it and would not easily go over the frame rail. A BFH took care of it. I tried welding them myself but not being an experienced welder I had some trouble so a friend ended up doing most of it.

The filler pieces that go on the rear will need some judicious trimming to look decent.

The set for my 70 were bolt on!!!!::thumb::

I haven't see a set of bolt on connectors for the 71-73.

I did mine with the car supported on all four wheels on a lift. I had a little difficulty installing one of them because it had a little bit of a twist to it and would not easily go over the frame rail. A BFH took care of it. I tried welding them myself but not being an experienced welder I had some trouble so a friend ended up doing most of it.

The filler pieces that go on the rear will need some judicious trimming to look decent.

I installed them on my 69 vert - amazing difference in improving the ride and handling.

Welded is the way to go. Remove all carpet and sound deadner at weld locations. Obviously up in the air is the way to install for fitting and welding, but the vehicle needs to be resting on wheels / normal loaded suspension. It goes without saying (but I'm saying it anyway) this is a good time to check that the corners of the vehicle are squared up and nothing is sagging due to worn suspension / chassis components.

Back