FRONT SPOILER abs OR FIBERGLASS?

NG8264723

The original was not fiberglass. I don't think the original was ABS either would break too easy. They were pretty flexible to prevent breaking on parking curbs. If I remember correct they were about $18.00 new from the parts dept. I have one NOS left in the hoard for one of my cars.

I would think fiberglass would vary in size more than a molded part.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Go with the ABS. They can handle curb and parking damage where fiberglass will break or shatter.

So I was going to purchase a spoiler for my 73. Should i buy a ABS or fiberglass? Which fits better?

ABS has more flex and is more forgiving .

Fiberglass is more rigid and will break an crack easily when bumped on curb stops.

ABS comes pre finished in black.

Both are reparable .

1972 Q-Code 4speed one of 201 produced. Staggered shocks, 3.50 traction lock, 44K miles.

Rodney from SW Florida

only real issue I've seen with the ABS is it is harder to get the paint to stick to it even with flex additive to make it argent.

one buddy of mine had it painted and the paint kept peeling off so he bombed it with krylon plastic fusion paint that was close to the right silver color and the paint finally stuck to it. the color does not 100% match his rockers but it looks good.

If yo paint it treat it like an interior plastic part.

Scrub it aggressively with dawn soap and a red scotch right.

Then wipe it down with interior with vinyl prep.

Spray it with SEM interior type paint.

Thanks Rodney from SW Florida

1972 Q-Code 4speed one of 201 produced. Staggered shocks, 3.50 traction lock, 44K miles.

Rodney from SW Florida