Ford Literature

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I get regular emails from 360Mustang. Some days they send stories and information thats interesting. The emails cover all years so not always of relevance to me.

Today i get a email and one of the topics was "Insider’s Guide to Vintage Ford Literature You Probably Didn’t Know About". The piece tells of literature available to dealers that give the dealers better knowledge in the cars they are selling toenable them to improve on sales. Heres the link to the page.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/features/1607-insiders-guide-to-vintage-ford-literature-you-probably-didnt-know-about/

Heres a couple of links to Ebay to pages selling the literatutr;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=1971+ford+shop+tips&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X+ford+shop+tips.TRS1&_nkw=+ford+shop+tips&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=1971+ford+car+facts&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xford+car+facts.TRS0&_nkw=ford+car+facts&_sacat=0

Happy viewing

You can sign up for emails from 360Mustang. I personally think its worth the effort. You never know what you will learn and pass on to others

Yea there is lots of info I have boxes of stuff that the local Ford dealer gave me over the years and I buy things of eBay all the time. You have to be careful especially with the big 3 ring binders. Sometimes that is all you get is the binder and tabs the info never go put into the books. One on there right now for 1972 that I ask specific questions on and it was just the binder for big money, no info.

They gave me all the Shelby catalogs, parts counter books, price lists for Shelby, Hollman Moody and all the factory racing parts lists from the 60's. I have been known to leave the dealer with pick up full. They were just going to send to landfill.

New owner of the dealership tossed a huge Ford blue backdrop for the showroom that I had been trying to get for years. It was trash to him it is gone now would have brought a couple thousand on eBay. Probably 50 feet long and 30 feet high.

Lots of the Shop Tips are in the garage in boxes they use to give me a copy of every one that came out.

If you go to swap meets dig in boxes that people have you never know what will be there.

There is one seller on eBay right now that bought an estate that had boxes of NOS Ford brochures and info. I bought several 1965 NOS at great prices at 1/3 of what they usually are.

I am negotiating right for some film strips with our cars in 35 mm would make great prints using them since they are original. One of them has the never made 71 Boss 302 on it.

When I ordered my Mach 1 in 73 I took the big Dealer Book and went through every page to see what was available that is why my car has 32 factory options listed on the window sticker.

Back