Floor rust removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I started pulling the inside apart in prep for new carpet. The panels are in really good shape for being 43 years old (no cracks or anything) so I'm planning on just spraying them with some fresh white spray paint. With regards to the floors, they seem to be in pretty good shape also. Looks like just some surface rust, I didn't see any holes or feel any soft spots. The trunk is rusted thru where the fuel fill tube is. I picked up a new floor for that. So I'm planning on using lizard skin to seal everything up before putting down the new carpet with blackmass. Anyone have another suggestion or what I could use the clean the floors with as prep? Also suggestions on spray paint for the panels. Thanks

Mustang floor 1.jpg

Mustang floor 2.jpg

Those floors look so much better than mine did! Wishing mine was a 4 gear too

Rust 911 is fantastic. I would take the plugs out make a small pump to soray the floor and let it drain into a small wading pool. Clean them first with a wire brush. Check out there website it works great!!!

Yes but a 1 gallon concentrate of rust 911 is $65 or so. It will make 16 gallons of remover

Back