Hello from Houston

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tataocb

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351C 2v, auto.
Hello everyone.

I recently (2 days ago) purchased a 1973 Mustang Grande with a 302 2v engine. It has front disc brakes, power steering, AC (currently blows air, which is not cold). It does not have any performance mods from what I can tell. It has a vinyl top which seems to have rust underneath, and a couple of rust bubles on the fenders and trunk. The interior is in pretty good shape except for the dash and door panels. The car was hauled to my home in a trailer. Once there I managed to tune the carb to be able to park the car inside my garage. Last night I pulled the carb, bought a rebuild kit, and am ready to start working on it.

I moved from Central America 2 years ago. While I was there I briefly owned a 1971 fastback close to the year 2000. I owned it for a couple of months and then sold it. It was an original L6, which had been removed and replaced with a 351w. It still had drum brakes and a manual transmission. It gave me too many issues so I sold it. I managed to find a 1969 Mach I 351w 4 spd manual, which we bought with my dad right after I sold the 71. I loved that car and we poured money like we were going to own it forever. The engine was rebuilt, painted twice, interior completely redone, bought a Holley 4160 carb, power steering conversion kit, dual exhaust, brake booster, master cylinder, calipers, electronic ignition, etc. After I moved, I started to find a way to get it here, and it would cost anywhere between $6k - $8k. So I ended up selling it to someone in Central America about 2 weeks ago.

Now I am ready to get to work on the 73 grande.

Welcome from Virginia. Nice introduction. It seems the 69 Mach 1's are one of the more desirable Mustangs. Too bad you had to sell that one. Feel free to search for your answers or ask questions.

Welcome from San Antonio, TX!

Back