Concours d'elegance (Netherlands)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
::thumb:: Some fantastic cars. I did note most of the cars on the hard surface had a mat underneath to catch oil leaks. Why would you spend all that money getting them back to original and forget to yank the engine and solve the leaks

Very cool. As far as the oil leaks a lot of these cars leaked oil when they were new, the machining of parts back then was not what it is today so it was/is very difficult to get a good seal. I had a 1962 Triumph Spitfire I restored a while back and the old saying was that if it wasn't leaking oil you were probably out and this is true. Trying to get a good seal on a mating surface that is not perfect is next to impossible.

::thumb:: Some fantastic cars. I did note most of the cars on the hard surface had a mat underneath to catch oil leaks. Why would you spend all that money getting them back to original and forget to yank the engine and solve the leaks
Some might be very low mileage well preserved original cars. It depends on the car's condition and the owner's pocketbook. I have seen some chase fluid leaks and then just decide to deal with them.

Ray

Great pics. I love to walk through and see how the car evolved. On the leaks some of the first cars did not even have an oil pan the oil ran through a drip system and ran on the ground. If you have ever been to the Ford museum they have Model T's running in the Greenwich Village[/align]. The streets are oiled thick from the leaks. Old rope seals and poured bearings were not good fits as stated.

Great photos! Love the ISO Grifo and that Ferrari looks like a special based on a Daytona.

From my experience drift shaft seals dry out and leak after a while when cars stand for too long.

Back