Battery Tray Apron Support WINNER

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
One of the members posted the link to the eBay add for the Battery Tray Apron Support last week. As soon as I saw it I ordered one and it came today. I was an automotive Tooling Engineer for the last 25 years and this part is a jewel. I cannot talk about the fit at this time but the part is 100% die cut no laser and die formed, no burrs no wrinkles and MADE IN USA. The weld nuts look great. If it fits like it looks this is one everyone will want to order. $30.00 including Priority mail shipping.

If you need one order it.

I could not find the original post to link this so started a new one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322185389553?item=322185389553&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

It will be months before I use it will look to see if I can slide it in to see how it fits.

That's a good price!!!

Unlike the original 'looking" battery hold down - (2 j-hooks and a piece of plastic) I see them running $149-$179.

Hello Carolina_Mountain_mustangs

Is the thread? Can you provide any more information on this piece. The Ford Master Catalog only show 10769 -Bracket Battery Support - Refer to group 10732. When looking through the FMC Master Catalog Illustrations , I could only find the 10769 1966 /67/68/69 Ford Fairlane/Torino. Is this fairly reasonable to say that it could have been a part of the fender apron assembly?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1971-battery-tray-bolt-nuts-are-they-welded-in-or-what?pid=268891&highlight=Battery+Tray+Support#pid268891

mustang7173

Hello Carolina_Mountain_mustangs

Is the thread? Can you provide any more information on this piece. The Ford Master Catalog only show 10769 -Bracket Battery Support - Refer to group 10732. When looking through the FMC Master Catalog Illustrations , I could only find the 10769 1966 /67/68/69 Ford Fairlane/Torino. Is this fairly reasonable to say that it could have been a part of the fender apron assembly?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1971-battery-tray-bolt-nuts-are-they-welded-in-or-what?pid=268891&highlight=Battery+Tray+Support#pid268891

mustang7173
It was probably originally a component to the assembly. Since the weld nuts in the new repo part are what holds the battery tray in it was probably part of the inner fender assembly and not a loose part. It was spot welded to the inner fender and just helps support the weight of the battery. If you do a search on the forum there is one thread with a good picture from under the fender showing the part.

Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs

I had to go look at an NOS battery fender apron, sure enough, just holes. Just went to E-bay and bought one!!

23vddsx.jpg

Thanks,

mustang7173 :thankyouyellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good price!!!

Unlike the original 'looking" battery hold down - (2 j-hooks and a piece of plastic) I see them running $149-$179.
Tim I'll sell you a repro one for 12.00

Click to view: 71-73 BATTERY HOLD DOWN Item #D0OZ-10718

71-73 BATTERY HOLD DOWN

Reproduction battery clamp. Price: $11.95

Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs

I had to go look at an NOS battery fender apron, sure enough, just holes. Just went to E-bay and bought one!!

23vddsx.jpg

Thanks,

mustang7173 :thankyouyellow:
This piece welds to the outside under the battery and had not previously been available. You can still find NOS battery boxes pretty easy.

Ordered one, Thanks!! This part previously was made out of unobtainium. There is a guy here who had to make one from scratch and I thought I was going to have to go that route. But this changes all that. Thanks again!!

Ordered one, Thanks!! This part previously was made out of unobtainium. There is a guy here who had to make one from scratch and I thought I was going to have to go that route. But this changes all that. Thanks again!!
And I thought only the decor group side trim was made from unobtainium.

I have meeting with another mold shop on making the window guides and anti rattle clips this week. Hope he is more reasonable.

All,

Just got my Battery Tray Apron Support bracket. It is fantastic piece. The fresh sheet metal reminds me of my sheet metal fabrication days. Off to the ceramic coating it goes.

mustang7173

The reinforcement was part of the fender apron. Ford never released a service part or number for this piece on the 71-73 Mustang. Unfortunately when you ordered the service front fender apron section it did not have the reinforcement as it should have. I have a NOS apron and the reinforcement is not on it. Finding good used ones to harvest from Cougars and Mustangs was possible at one time, but nearing the "Unobtainium" level now. Hopefully Jason will hear something from the E-Bay vender soon. Another one of those deals where I saw the auction and was going to order one but the "I'll check on it later" and ..well you know how that goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have meeting with another mold shop on making the window guides and anti rattle clips this week. Hope he is more reasonable.

David, I sent samples [ three sets of each ] of the window guides, rattle clips and regulator rollers to one of the major manufactures. They called me inquiring if there was a need and a demand. I sent them assemblies to work with, they are going to make them. They are going to come up with a repair / replacement type roller for the 71-3 window regulators too.

Back