73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

That's funny! I looked for one of those for a while and finally ordered a rusty original from WCCC. Bead blast, JB weld, and paint and it looks pretty good.

Th problem with that piece is it welds to the apron before the apron goes on the car. So for an original look the lower flange of the battery support bracket actually gets trapped between the inner fender and the frame rail at the spot welds. Mine actually sits on the outside of the frame rail since I didn't realize that piece was missing until long after paint.

kcmash

• 8 months later...

I posted a thread about the battery support bracket made by a guy named postaldan about a month ago. I bought one myself and it's a very nice match to the original piece and the fit is perfect. He makes Torino parts mostly. The guy is Master Craftsman and is planning on making other 71-73 parts! Stay tuned!! 

The attached picture shows both original and reproduction!

IMG_0762.thumb.JPG.8d046a66bf62fed7e3da3606e70c3585.JPG

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

The guy selling these on eBay has a new listing for them if anyone is interested in buying one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322818501566

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Thanks for the Heads Up Rich. The last time the support brackets were offered, I mistakenly figured since he had 10 of them I would check back in a couple of days. Of course they were all sold by then! I had been watching postaldans site for a while but he had only been offering the brackets for the Torino's.

Pushed the "Button" and now it's on the way, so thanks again Rich!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the battery tray support this week. Since the inner fender apron area was already finished without the support bracket, I was not about to pull it all apart to install it. So instead I trimmed the bottom edge of the support bracket a little and was able to fit it into the seam where the frame rail and apron meet. Strip the contact area down to bare metal, tack it in place with a few welds and refinish the area. I think it came out looking great.

Before bracket installation

20171031_173229.jpg

Trimmed Bracket on bottom

20171031_173236_1.jpg

Fit bracket in place

20171031_173432.jpg

Bracket installed and finished

20171103_161430.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

• 1 year later...

Installed the battery tray support this week. Since the inner fender apron area was already finished without the support bracket, I was not about to pull it all apart to install it. So instead I trimmed the bottom edge of the support bracket a little and was able to fit it into the seam where the frame rail and apron meet. Strip the contact area down to bare metal, tack it in place with a few welds and refinish the area. I think it came out looking great.

Before bracket installation

20171031_173229.jpg

Trimmed Bracket on bottom

20171031_173236_1.jpg

Fit bracket in place

20171031_173432.jpg

Bracket installed and finished

20171103_161430.jpg

Once again, great info here guys!

I'm replacing my fender apron and needed the bracket as well.

I couldn't find an active listing for the part anywhere, or on ebay. I did a "seller search" for "postaldan514" and found the guy. I contacted him, he promptly replied and had the bracket at my house in a couple of days.

Outstanding!

IMG-3446.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, rackerm said:

20171103_161430.jpg

Just ordered one!! What did you use for an undercoating it looks really heavy, but I like it :]

1972 Mach1 H-code 351C - 2V - bought 10/5/2010 still a headeache

1972 Grande coupe Inline 6 1bbl - dad bought in 90's Sold

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, kiko619 said:

Just ordered one!! What did you use for an undercoating it looks really heavy, but I like it :]

I had it originally undercoating by a local shop.. afterwards I used 3m rubberized uncoating to spot spray areas. It matched the original very well.

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

A friend of mine IRL told me about those supports (he has a Torino, same part).  The parts are very nice quality.

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew