73 Vert spotting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Yesterday afternoon I joined up with a local bunch of mustang folks for a 45 minute cruise to a local town nearby (Warsaw, NY) where they were holding a cruise night. The mustang group consists of a dozen or so folks who get together 2 - 4 times a week (depending on the events) and cruise out together to a local cruise night / show / whatever. A weekly notice goes out that the group is meeting at 'this place' and leaving at 'this time'. Size of the group can vary from 3 - 20+. Real nice crowd, mostly newer 'stangs', so I have to show up now and then to uphold the vintage 'stang' appearances. Group has been doing this for the past 10+ years.

Saw this 73 vert at the cruise and thought this forum would find it interesting.

DSC01119-1.jpg

Appears to be a survivor although it had an old bargain-cost repaint at one time (front bumper cover is all green - no black inner accent. VIN reads it as 302, mileage was 89K-ish. I thought the white interior with the light green comforweave was attractive.

DSC01120-1.jpg

DSC01125-1.jpg

DSC01123-1.jpg

Check out the fit of the rear bumper guards to the bumper!

DSC01128-1.jpg

My 73 parked with the group.

DSC01131.JPG

I guess my eyes are not as reliable as they used to be, but I did not see the door tag, so I can't be specific, but it sure did appear to have a geenish tint to the comfortweave striping. Since the seats are white, you are most likely correct in that it is 'CW' White knit vinyl....

DSC01121-1.jpg

Warsaw, NY is midway between Buffalo & Rochester in a valley. Like so many smaller towns, it has seen better days, but they're working on keeping it going and adapting to change. Its most famous neighbor is Brock Yates who lives a few miles away in his own little township. Unfortunately, Brock has succumbed to Alzheimer's disease.

Never met the owner although I checked back a couple times to see if he/she was in the vicinity. I was hoping to check out the engine bay to get an idea on sheet metal condition. One of those many cases where the car is parked and no one is around.

Back