NOS carb!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus after that it will still leak and not run well :)

It has been on eBay for months. He was the head judge of MCA for a long time might still be. I use to go by his place going to one of my customers, John Deere in Horicon Wisconsin. He also has one NOS black door panel for $2,500 unless someone bought it.

If you want to sell him something it is junk but when he gets it now it is gold. Never cared for him he runs the mileage back on his cars and states them to be real. A friend sold one and it went from over 18,000 to less than 7,000 in just a few years.

Yes, I did not want to mention who the seller was, the listing gives that info. He is known as guru in this industry, from what I can tell, he knows his stuff... I went through some of his other listings, looks like he is building his retirement fund...

The other big possibility is that the carb is not for sale. Placing an ad on eBay for an outrageous price that no person would ever pay is a way to flush out similar parts. People will get in touch and say I have two of them what will you give. Then they explain the strategy and buy the carbs for much lower price.

It does work you might give it a try if you are looking for something and cannot find one. Be sure to put the price high enough so no buyer would pay that. Also include the statement that the auction can end at any time even if there are bids.

I have done this on cl also found one of my removable hard tops for mustang vert that way. On cl you can also place ad looking for something but not on eBay that I know of.

Remember the eBay ad for the front chin spoiler for Boss 9 I think for $8,000 I am sure that was to find one not sell one.

You have to use the system to find what you need. It works.

The other big possibility is that the carb is not for sale. Placing an ad on eBay for an outrageous price that no person would ever pay is a way to flush out similar parts. People will get in touch and say I have two of them what will you give. Then they explain the strategy and buy the carbs for much lower price.

It does work you might give it a try if you are looking for something and cannot find one. Be sure to put the price high enough so no buyer would pay that. Also include the statement that the auction can end at any time even if there are bids.

I have done this on cl also found one of my removable hard tops for mustang vert that way. On cl you can also place ad looking for something but not on eBay that I know of.

Remember the eBay ad for the front chin spoiler for Boss 9 I think for $8,000 I am sure that was to find one not sell one.

You have to use the system to find what you need. It works.
That's a good thought. And probably right.

Just made my matching drivetrain B351 go up in value by 8500$ hmmm sweet....

Someone mentioned that when you are selling to him that the parts are considered "junk" by him...until he buys it low...and then resells it as "gold" and makes 300% on the transaction...This reminds me of a certain B351 "guru" who sh!ted on my car to a potential buyer and has tainted my car from his evaluation of the car from which he has never seen it in person...Funny thing is he currently has his "perfect" B351 for sale for top money...Good for him hope he gets his price, but it is people like this that really taint the hobby...

I know it is all about the might dollar

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that... The sum of all the parts does not equal the price to be asked and/or paid for a car. It would be interesting to add up the sum of all parts that make up a car and compare it against the general asking price... You might I fact make some $$$. Yes, the carb price by itself may bring a ridiculous $$$ value if someone is willing to pay the price, would be relevant if you had some spare pieces kicking around.. When this carb is on the car, it's value is now included in the overall value of the car, which in the case of a Boss or other desirable car, is what the market will pay...

I would not worry about what someone else says about your car, if it is better than what is being described erroneously by someone else; the car will speak for itself when the time comes for someone to judge it ie. at a show or when selling the car.

Back