For those thinking about getting an aftermarket console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderguns71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback small block, now 429.
Do it! This is probably the best simple upgrade I have done so far. Had to take my interior out so I could install sub frame connecters. While I was at it, I added Dynamt, new headliner, new carpet, kick panels with speakers, (boy that's a job that'll make you cuss,) and topped it off with a new console. It's so nice to be able to have cup holders now, instead of trying to hold a drink between your legs while shifting gears.

ok, so where'd you get it from?

Disclaimer about those consoles. If u have an auto it leaves a big hole that exposes the stock shifter cover. You are on your own to come up with a solution to hide if you choose to. What we came up with was the best approach for the look I wanted

Disclaimer about those consoles. If u have an auto it leaves a big hole that exposes the stock shifter cover. You are on your own to come up with a solution to hide if you choose to. What we came up with was the best approach for the look I wanted.

I ended up making a shift boot that I mounted to the underside of the console and slipped over the shaft of the shift lever. It worked perfect and looked great. I even stiched it by hand to make it look very professional. Too bad over the years it rotted from sitting and I got rid of it.

I do like it. I am curious as well where you got it as well. Cup holder would be sweet. Of course I just refinished my console.
Make one...

I fabbed this one from a flared exhaust header connection by welding a bottom to it. Then attached it to the seat frame bolt with "Ram Mounts."

new cup holder.jpg

new cup holder 2.jpg

Phone holder is seen to the left of the drink holder, it is attached to the center console with a "Ram" mount also. My Alpine stereo remote is held to the cupholder with a magnet. This is nice when you want to up/down the volume without taking your eyes off the road or your hand off the shifter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like it. I am curious as well where you got it as well. Cup holder would be sweet. Of course I just refinished my console.
Make one...

I fabbed this one from a flared exhaust header connection by welding a bottom to it. Then attached it to the seat frame bolt with "Ram Mounts."

Phone holder is seen to the left of the drink holder, it is attached to the center console with a "Ram" mount also. My Alpine stereo remote is held to the cupholder with a magnet. This is nice when you want to up/down the volume without taking your eyes off the road or your hand off the shifter.
That's pretty cool.

Back