1973 Mach 1 Q Code for sale $6,200

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just been through the sellers Facebook page and he has been restoring on/off since 2011 and theres a large amount of pictures documenting the work carried out to date

I just been through the sellers Facebook page and he has been restoring on/off since 2011 and theres a large amount of pictures documenting the work carried out to date
Thanks for the pics! Looks like it needs a bit more...

Right color though!

Thanks for the pics! Looks like it needs a bit more...

Right color though!
Realistically whats the estimation of what it would take to get the engine rebuilt and running

Realistically whats the estimation of what it would take to get the engine rebuilt and running

I am finishing up my 72 H.O. engine build, .30 over, new solid cam, .10/.10 grind and polish on crank, dynamic balance on rotating assembly, complete rebuild of heads with new valves, decked. all bearings & seals & gaskets put me at $2700. That does not include the .30 over forged Pistons, I had those in my parts stash.

With all the little extras like spark plugs, wires, carb rebuild, fuel & water pumps etc. I will be almost 4K in it by the time I fire it up. (Can't wait to hear those solid lifters!)

I am tempted to buy it :p

If i did decide to buy it i would need to get the engine done and buy whatever parts i would need before it came to the U.K. That would save a fortune in import fees and shipping costs for parts.

Import charges for classic American cars are 5% of value of the car and NO VAT. Parts are 10% import charge plus 20% VAT Plus shipping.

So i would probably need to keep the car in the U.S for around 12 months.

I am finishing up my 72 H.O. engine build, .30 over, new solid cam, .10/.10 grind and polish on crank, dynamic balance on rotating assembly, complete rebuild of heads with new valves, decked. all bearings & seals & gaskets put me at $2700. That does not include the .30 over forged Pistons, I had those in my parts stash.

With all the little extras like spark plugs, wires, carb rebuild, fuel & water pumps etc. I will be almost 4K in it by the time I fire it up. (Can't wait to hear those solid lifters!)

If i did decide to buy it i would need to get the engine done and buy whatever parts i would need before it came to the U.K. That would save a fortune in import fees and shipping costs for parts.

Import charges for classic American cars are 5% of value of the car and NO VAT. Parts are 10% import charge plus 20% VAT Plus shipping.

Steve ... BEWARE no one makes the correct color blue deluxe

door panels :D:D:D

Steve ... BEWARE no one makes the correct color blue deluxe

door panels :D:D:D
:shootself: I could make this one a daily driver. Swap the interior out for vermillion

you would be better off buying a $10-12k car that runs with fewer rust issues-way cheaper in the long run.
^^^that was a point I forgot to mention, he is more than double what he should be on that price:D

you would be better off buying a $10-12k car that runs with fewer rust issues-way cheaper in the long run.
^^^that was a point I forgot to mention, he is more than double what he should be on that price:D
Being new to the Mustang dream I don't know prices. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Would prefer a rust-free car like my present project but need something that needs work to fit my budget

You should find someone to broker a deal for you-someone that understands what you want and what your budget it. I doubt the posted car is worth 2500.00 and restoring it will be very expensive. I imagine a few members here would be qualified to do that type of work for you for a finders fee that would save you thousands in the long run.

You should find someone to broker a deal for you-someone that understands what you want and what your budget it. I doubt the posted car is worth 2500.00 and restoring it will be very expensive. I imagine a few members here would be qualified to do that type of work for you for a finders fee that would save you thousands in the long run.
You are right. I will hang back on next purchase and get some more cash together and find someone qualified to make the correct appraisal and pay them a finders fee. I may even jump on a plane when someone lines a few up and do the looking myself. Be good to visit the U.S.

Exactly, I just did that same exact thing for a member here can provide that service..Plus I have a 3000sqft restoration /storage/ shop

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-73-mach-1-on-the-road-today

See post #14

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-purchase?page=2

Back