1973 Vert, 5,872 Miles Loaded Original!!

Congratulations on the sale but I am surprised it did not bring more than the very incorrect one did. $40,000 was a deal for sure cannot build one for that and they are only original once and after that they are modified. Well heck even this one had modifications but owner did not try to hide them.

It looks like the bidder had not bid on anything in last 30 days so probably a serious bidder. When they have bid on 15 different cars of all makes you know they are just playing.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pastel Blue

Congratulations on the sale but I am surprised it did not bring more than the very incorrect one did. $40,000 was a deal for sure cannot build one for that and they are only original once and after that they are modified. Well heck even this one had modifications but owner did not try to hide them.

It looks like the bidder had not bid on anything in last 30 days so probably a serious bidder. When they have bid on 15 different cars of all makes you know they are just playing.

Yeah... Not quite going to agree with the statement above, after being original once, they are modified... I think that is taking a true restoration a little too far IMO. Not going to get into it here, but, in some cases, cars are required to be restored back to factory condition where possible due to their becoming no longer road worthy; certainly does not make them "modified"...

I agree Pastel Blue. My car was very original when I bought it but not very safe to drive. After I replaced leaking brake lines and wheel cylinders, seat belts, hoses, belts, voltage regulator, speedometer cable, battery cables, battery tray, headlights, dash lights and carburetor which I consider maintenance items the car is now safe to drive. Unless you want a trailer queen I don't think you have a lot of options. On interiors and body mods that a different story.

John J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David, etc al,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.

David....I was wrong. The we'll liner is white. See attach pics. Also, for those that ask for pics of original engine marrkings, I have sent.

Thanks

Jim

20160808_134551.thumb.jpg.c20e12c233c566f5ad11111efee2ea5d.jpg

20160808_134559.thumb.jpg.9d1b89aca37f3bbd336fec761c9cbaca.jpg

20160808_144927.thumb.jpg.df94afcd6accfdab3ebf83cdcb5283f4.jpg

20160808_144916.thumb.jpg.846a9e19cf172ff4f591b1f5c9747278.jpg