MCA show pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Close to 400 cars on the show field with all years represented. These are some snap shots that show some of the 71-73 years represented.

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

Original unrestored vert

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

A lot of nice looking 71-73's.

Close to 400 cars on the show field with all years represented. These are some snap shots that show some of the 71-73 years represented.

Original unrestored vert

Last edited:
A quick "I should have bought it story"...

The white Grande in the picture is an Ontario car (originally sold in Quebec). It is a factory all original 429cj, very rare in the Grande... In 1990, it came up for sale in the local auto trader for $11,500. At the time, it was original and unrestored. I just could not come up with the money and bought a Mach1 J Code for $6500 that needed a restoration, non #'s matching, 1000 hours work and $30+k later it was finished. Which car should I have bought...

This car is still in the Toronto area today, but for reasons unknown back in the day, a PO restored the car after 1990. It did not need a restoration, I believe the mileage at the time I saw it was approx. 67K, off the top of my head. I slap myself every time I see the car today, glad it has survived though.

The first picture, lime green Mach 429SCJ, 4-spd. I spoke with this owner (very nice guy) for about 15 mins. He is located in upper NY State just south of Montreal. He has owned this car for more then 30 years, all original drivetrain still in place. He said that it had been in an accident at some point in time, wasn't obvious from a quick once over of the car. He also has a red 429CJ, I think is what he referred to it as. I believe that one requires some work to get on the road.

Last edited:
The first picture, lime green Mach 429SCJ, 4-spd. I spoke with this owner (very nice guy) for about 15 mins. He is located in upper NY State just south of Montreal. He has owned this car for more then 30 years, all original drivetrain still in place. He said that it had been in an accident at some point in time, wasn't obvious from a quick once over of the car. He also has a red 429CJ, I think is what he referred to it as. I believe that one requires some work to get on the road.
Yes, the first pic is grabber lime. My friend Miles owns it . He is the North Country Mustang Club president. His red 429 is all original and unrestored but it is roadworthy and he does drive both cars. My grabber green and his grabber lime have been side by side at countless shows.

Some really nice looking cars! Thanks for posting.

That 71 429CJ Grande with the auto trans is actually one of 20 with that engine/trans combo. (14 were built with the close-ratio 4 speed transmissions).

Extremely rare car.

Ray

Unfortunately I was tied up with judging and waiting to be judged on Sat so I never had a chance to look at the show field until Sunday morning.....so I missed pics of another half doz (at least) 71-73's I intended to take to share.....

Back