1971 R-code on E-bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. While it's definitely a survivor, I'm not sure I swallow all of the paint originality claims - if only because I'm not convinced that's what it looked like from Ford, which is what I'd be interested in (and I'd also wish the seller would be frank about, lest the next 2,000 people who see that ad believe that it's representative of a factory '72 R-code.

Those Boss 351 fender decals aren't original and in the wrong place, and the rear taillight panel pinstripe is a dead-on copycat for the prototype/fiberglass bucked Boss 302/351 promo photos (running on the edge of the trunk and dropoffs, rather than parallel with the blackout) but not a production car.

-Kurt

The "Warranty Information" at bottom of the sales page says it all really;

This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.

rofl The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description rofl

If it came with hood locks then it would have the black out hood without locks no blackout.

I would take it if you twist my arm back to my pocket to get the money. Will watch for sure and see if joker bidder wins and it is right back after the bids end. I have seen one boss be sold several times and they were all just jokers. I think eBay should require a $500 refundable deposit to bid on cars to keep the jokers out they run the bid way up then don't close the deal. EBay is getting to be a video game for some.

You have to have all those disclaimers or you get sued for some stupid reason and end up giving the car away to save your ass.

My X wife got a corvette for next to nothing because the dealer screwed up in description in their ad. Attorneys rule the world and we have one here, lol. At least he likes Mustangs and fast cars.

Hmm. While it's definitely a survivor, I'm not sure I swallow all of the paint originality claims - if only because I'm not convinced that's what it looked like from Ford, which is what I'd be interested in (and I'd also wish the seller would be frank about, lest the next 2,000 people who see that ad believe that it's representative of a factory '72 R-code.

Those Boss 351 fender decals aren't original and in the wrong place, and the rear taillight panel pinstripe is a dead-on copycat for the prototype/fiberglass bucked Boss 302/351 promo photos (running on the edge of the trunk and dropoffs, rather than parallel with the blackout) but not a production car.

-Kurt

72 R CODE not 71...

Yeah it is a long way from an original looking car. Among other things as well as stuff mentioned above - the shifter is wrong - should have black ball, should not have twist locks on hood or ram air. I am curious to see what it brings in that condition.

Ray

Looks like too much wrong to really bring any kind of premium price...

Not sure if anyone noticed but it has a 73 motor in it. Car built in 4/72 and block has date code of 12/72.

All,

Is the air cleaner snorkel wrong? Also, where is the Rev limiter? The distributor vacuum advance is not correct.

The R-code 351 H.O. Mustangs from 1972 are truly the last of the first-generation muscle Mustangs. With both the Boss 351 Mustang and the 429 Cobra Jet engine falling off the Mustang order sheet after 1971, the top performance engine at the beginning of the model year was the 266hp (net, at the rear wheels) 351 Cleveland 4V, also known as the Q-code 351 Cobra Jet. Later, the 275hp R-code 351 H.O. was added to the option list for all Mustang body styles, not just the Mach 1. Basically a '71 Boss 351 with open chamber heads (as opposed to the closed chamber Boss heads) and flat-top pistons for lower compression, the 351 H.O., like the Boss 351, came with a four-bolt main bearing block, a nodular iron crankshaft, forged rods, a solid-lifter camshaft, aluminum valve covers, a dual-point distributor, aluminum intake, rev limiter, and an Autolite 4300D spreadbore four-barrel carburetor.

Also like the Boss 351, the 351 H.O.-equipped '72 Mustangs received the Hurst-shifted four-speed, 9-inch rearend with locking 3.91 gears and 31-spline axles, Competition Suspension with staggered rear shocks, and dual exhausts. Another Boss trait is that air conditioning was not available with the H.O. So, except for the lower compression ratio, which is actually more streetable with today's low-octane fuel, and the lack of Boss 351 decals and hood blackout, the 351 H.O.-equipped '72 is a Boss 351.

source: http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mump-0310-1972-ford-mustang-mach-1-351-ho/

Lots of work and money.

mustang7173

I have seen one boss be sold several times and they were all just jokers. I think eBay should require a $500 refundable deposit to bid on cars to keep the jokers out they run the bid way up then don't close the deal. EBay is getting to be a video game for some.
You will find that some unscrupulous sellers get friends to bid to bump the price up. A lot of times its relisted because his friend won the item and genuine buyers did'nt place highest bid :mad:

Latest posts

Back