1973 Fastback too cheap??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
This description and price don't seem to match. Looking at what he has done to the car and its description it appears to be far too cheap???

Mustang Fastback .

1973 was the last classic year of the Mustang. 302 4 Barrel. Automatic. Power steering.

Mach I Options:

Ram air hood (with scoops)

Mach I grille

In-dash tachometer

Center gauge cluster

Fold down rear seat

Front spoiler

Rear spoiler

Factory slotted mag wheels

New complete Mach I stripe kit (decals in box)

Last 4 years everything new or rebuilt. Rebuilt original motor. Rebuilt transmission. New brakes. New exhaust. All new interior. New paint (very nice). New wheels and tires. And the list goes on.

All mechanics and electrical work on the car. Very solid body. Car can be driven anywhere.

Price - $ 9,900

This description and price don't seem to match. Looking at what he has done to the car and its description it appears to be far too cheap???

Mustang Fastback .

1973 was the last classic year of the Mustang. 302 4 Barrel. Automatic. Power steering.

Mach I Options:

Ram air hood (with scoops)

Mach I grille

In-dash tachometer

Center gauge cluster

Fold down rear seat

Front spoiler

Rear spoiler

Factory slotted mag wheels

New complete Mach I stripe kit (decals in box)

Last 4 years everything new or rebuilt. Rebuilt original motor. Rebuilt transmission. New brakes. New exhaust. All new interior. New paint (very nice). New wheels and tires. And the list goes on.

All mechanics and electrical work on the car. Very solid body. Car can be driven anywhere.

Price - $ 9,900
no air, no power steering, no power brakes listed, without these options the price is ok

i'm kinda disagree with pegleg. that stang is a base model that has been upgraded and is a very good price. the stang i just got had exactly the same as u posted except the strip. p/s only option.

i feel in my area that's a $15k car all day long or more.. if your thinking about it, then it's worth the trip to look at it.. and take a trailer with u.. oh and cash.

i'm kinda disagree with pegleg. that stang is a base model that has been upgraded and is a very good price. the stang i just got had exactly the same as u posted except the strip. p/s only option.

i feel in my area that's a $15k car all day long or more.. if your thinking about it, then it's worth the trip to look at it.. and take a trailer with u.. oh and cash.
http://www.cars-on-line.com/84459.html

If only i was stateside ;)

Going to get my present car further along the restoration first. Maybe after i pulled the engine and had it gone through and a body respray. After that i reckon i will be waiting long periods of time on NOS parts to pop up before this one is done. So start looking when respray is done.

Hmmm... seems fair. If he had a solid car to start with, got it cheaply, and did everything himself, then it might just be a flip deal - and possibly worth it.

I'd want to know a LOT more about the car, obviously... for instance, those are not 'factory slotted mag wheels.' More like, 'factory-style slotted mag wheels' - the rears are wider than the fronts, which says "aftermarket" to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

It looks nice enough - hopefully, someone can get a good deal.

I could be like a 65 mustang coupe I went to get in Virginia. Saw it on cl and it was on my route to go buy parts so I took dolly and cash. It was a factory red car 289 4-V 3 speed. He had listed a bunch of NOS parts installed, rear springs, shocks, front springs, all new steering etc. He had replace the floors and trunk also and was only asking $3,500. Pictures did not look bad and he had a really nice shop with 2 post lift and wire welder but one clue to the work was the FULL bar in his garage. When I got there he starts telling me all the work he and his buddies have done to the car. Well looking from the top side it looks pretty good but when I got under the car OMG. You could put your hand between the floors and the frame rails in places. They had not fitted the pans in just threw them in after cutting old out. The car would have to come completely apart and new floors bought and done again. More difficult that the first time with the mess they had made. Work a little drink a lot for 3 years and that is what you get, lol. I offered him $1,000 for it as car and he did not take and I am glad. He did have a nice red 72 Mach 1 that he bought already done I guess he learned his lesson.

Remember pictures do lie. A car always looks better in pictures than in person. NEVER NEVER buy a car without an inspection done by yourself or someone you know and can trust. I did buy my 73 yellow vert without one but I kept bugging him with questions and more pictures with I think 70+ emails. I was a good deal. Had close pictures of everything and his descriptions were accurate.

I think the major difference between the guys you mentioned and the ones who 'fixed' my car was the presence of the 'full bar' in the shop. I have no doubt there were many-a-twelve pack involved in all the Redneck Engineered repairs that took place at the expense of mine - but, I'm guessing the shop was not so nicely-equipped. ;)

I'm also thinking they preferred Miller High Life, based on all the beer caps found in the car, both embedded in the carpet, as well as on display as 'knob artwork' for the headlight & wiper switches, and cigarette lighter. "Champagne of Beers," indeed. rofl

I think the major difference between the guys you mentioned and the ones who 'fixed' my car was the presence of the 'full bar' in the shop. I have no doubt there were many-a-twelve pack involved in all the Redneck Engineered repairs that took place at the expense of mine - but, I'm guessing the shop was not so nicely-equipped. ;)

I'm also thinking they preferred Miller High Life, based on all the beer caps found in the car, both embedded in the carpet, as well as on display as 'knob artwork' for the headlight & wiper switches, and cigarette lighter. "Champagne of Beers," indeed. rofl
Hell I cant weld for shit till I've had a couple!!! rofl ::beer::

Back