71 Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351-4v
1971 Boss 351
All numbers matching. Have everything but the rev limiter. Restored the interior and got it into road worthy condition. Body is rough. Runs like a top!

Bought the car in 1989. Stored in the garage since then. Put it back on the road in summer of 2014.

When you view the report, note how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it didn't set maybe the dealer owners toy. Like our local Ford dealer his wife and a Shelby GT 500 for her company car. If they run dealer plates no title change so just a demonstrator.

Great find.
Thanks!

Good thought. Never crossed my mind, but I'll bet you're right.

All numbers matching. Have everything but the rev limiter. Restored the interior and got it into road worthy condition. Body is rough. Runs like a top!

Bought the car in 1989. Stored in the garage since then. Put it back on the road in summer of 2014.

When you view the report, note how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold.
I certainly would'nt let a Boss sit in a garage for 25 years before getting it roadworthy. I am jealous and drooling

I certainly would'nt let a Boss sit in a garage for 25 years before getting it roadworthy. I am jealous and drooling
Yeah, I was young, and blew my whole wad on the car. Thank God my parents were able to store it for so long. I have heard many stories about "I wish I never sold that car". I was lucky to be able to have storage not only for this, but for the Mach 1 as well.

Fairly early production Boss 351!

Nice car. Good to see you are enjoying.

Ray
Thanks Ray. She's a blast to drive, and gets plenty of attention, on and off the road!
More pics - please!!

Ray
As requested. These pics were taken between late 2014 and early 2016.

9eccd7ff45bad5fefb90d7ccf2b1f3cc.jpg
c260156867ea90a516ec3d7279f9646d.jpg
191b0e0a2a7d5de30bf84bdc943e037e.jpg
0eca1349f5c5b0dff1d1c7ce233a614d.jpg
62a7bb758f22086d6d3e755a6a888e95.jpg
e1bd38aa1d5acf9fc01c7402c17f1592.jpg
c8bc243bcbd302a0ba5d0e97984adfbc.jpg

Aha! You are Mweeps dad!!!!!!!!

I kept thinking and wondering where I had seen your car before. I hope I am right...

EDIT: Well I was wrong - same state but his dad's car is pewter... Oh well.

Nice to see you are driving it. Neither of mine right now.

I hope to be able to drive the convertible by year's end.

Ray

I kept thinking and wondering where I had seen your car before. I hope I am right...

Ray
Nice try with the guess. :D

Hope you get both on the road sooner than you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray
Nice try with the guess. :D

Hope you get both on the road sooner than you think!
Just saw this. Ray I am in West Virginia, although I did do a four year stint in East Virginia :D

Aha. Mweeps at least I was close... :)))

Maybe in a new thread - post up YOUR DAD'S Boss 351 pics!

(please) ::thumb::

This Boss still looks good to me. Just the fact that it is a running, driving car is enough for me. (Jealous)

Ray

Back