72 Fastback

Fordpwrstroke7

I'm brand new to mustangs and older cars so take it easy on me. Got a 72 a couple days ago and I'm hooked. The car was born with a 302 but was swapped with a 351 Cleveland 5 years ago. The motor was built by a company in Houston and they put some goodies in it. I tested it out today and spun the tires as I was going 30 mph. I didn't realize it could do that. 4 speed top loader trans. At any rate, I've enjoyed it already and I look forward to learning more about the older mustangs from this site.

image.thumb.jpg.1ee5c85173bfa87e11078839e599e448.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. Nice looking car.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome to the site! Mustangs are habit forming!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from TriCities Wa.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from Oklahoma.

If you are interested on how the car was equipped when it was sold new - get a Marti report.

Looks like a few things have been changed.

Very nice looking car. Comforting (at least to me) to not see the side stripes added.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I'm brand new to mustangs and older cars so take it easy on me. Got a 72 a couple days ago and I'm hooked. The car was born with a 302 but was swapped with a 351 Cleveland 5 years ago. The motor was built by a company in Houston and they put some goodies in it. I tested it out today and spun the tires as I was going 30 mph. I didn't realize it could do that. 4 speed top loader trans. At any rate, I've enjoyed it already and I look forward to learning more about the older mustangs from this site.

Nice ride! Welcome to the site. Great people here!

Welcome-nice looking car.

How old are the tires on it?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Welcome to the forum, nice looking car. I see the shiny stuff on the tires. I hope you do not use Armor All on your cars interior or exterior. It has silicone in it and over time will make the vinyl dull and milky looking. It also makes parts impossible to paint fish eyes everywhere.

Be sure to mark location on the map.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Denmark northern part of Europe [WINKING FACE] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Howdy from Phoenix. I am glad you found us. That's just a really good looking ride.

This is a great group of folks who will be happy to help out and encourage you.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from West TN and to the mustang obsession. Car looks very nice. Please be an active member whenever possible in this family friendly group. Ask questions and contribute your knowledge and experience any time you can. This is the best source to get the details and work on your new toy.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Fordpwrstroke7,

Welcome to the site and from Eastern North Carolina! Is it a Mach 1 or is it a sports roof? Looks really good.

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne