Need help. Spread the word - 71 Ram Air Convert.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponysnake

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Convertible. One owner car until 10/13.
Also, 1965 Fastback, 1967 GT350, 1968 Convertible, and 1999 GT 35th Ltd.
Guys. My cancer has come back in a big way, and I'm facing a situation we never think about as we live our lives and enjoy our hobbies - what happens to all your stuff when your suddenly gone? What do your loved ones know about your cars, and parts, and diecast collection, and books, and Massive car magazine collections you have spent your life curating? Not meaning to sound like a Hallmark Network writer - but think of the extra burdens, not to mention the financial crapshoot and risks of Craigslist strangers rooting through your houses and garages when you're gone.

So, that is a very long-winded way of saying I am selling my 71 Ram Air Convertible, and I would love for someone in this community to have it. I have 5 Mustangs and 2 Jags, in total to sell, and not long to get it done. If you are in the Atlanta area and are interested (and serious), I would like to hear from you. I listed my 67 Shelby GT350 on eBay last night, as that is the most valuable of my cars and also the easiest to sell. It is kind of a test, but I'm confident it will hit the reserve.

Also, if you know of a company that handles car related estate sales - or have other ideas - I'd love to hear. What I dont have is much time.

Thanks,

Dennis - Alpharetta, GA

Dennis, what can I say..... That's some really bad news there.

I know it won't help but my thoughts are with you.

I am way too far away to be a potential buyer but I hope you find someone for your valued treasures.

Like Steve said, some Jags fetch crazy prices here in Europe. Some American cars too, especially Mustangs, (except for the 71,72,73 who would have thought?) so keep that in mind.

Dennis -

I am thinking of you and hate to hear what you are going through. Your comments are the same ones we all have from time-to-time. Come up with a nice write-up about your 71. Post on here and I'd bet you'll get some interest.

Take care of yourself.

Ray

Dennis,

So sorry to hear of your health issues. I do understand how you feel about your stuff. We all have lots of stuff if we lived any length of time. Some worth $ to others and some will end up in the recycle pile. It is better if you do help take care of the selling if you can or at least identify.

My daughter passed away last September and she was only told she was sick in August so one month. We all helped her get what she had in order. It is tough doing your will in the bed in a hospital at 46 with all your family there.

Prayers will be with you for sure. I will PM you on other info.

Dennis, first and foremost I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Please know the my thoughts are with you and your family during this time. God Bless you and I hope everything goes how you would like it too.

Maybe you can post some pictures and details for all to see and we can share it amongst the group and with our friends. I would also suggest letting everyone know what the firm sales price is.

So sorry to hear this Ponysnake :( I don't know what you are looking at getting for the vert' , with just buying a house I doubt I'd be able to swing much, but might be interested...

Terrible news, Dennis - so sorry to hear this.

I'm also disappointed that I didn't check the membership map and touch base with you - I was actually in Atlanta last week for a business trip.

Good luck with everything - hopefully, you'll be getting more good news than bad as time goes. Hang in there, brother!

Dennis,

I had sent you a PM and have not heard back. I have someone that will probably be interested in the Jags with money in hand. Also the 71 vert. So please get in touch by PM or email. Have not said anything about your situation to him.

Thanks,
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, I a am sorry I have not replyed earlier. I will post photos and list the car soon. I have my Shelby on eBay and am trying to keep up with all the questions. Fortunate to have Lots of interest in the car.

Dennis

Sorry to hear about your cancer returning. As I age I'm staring to think about thinning out some of my collections. Good luck to you.

Dennis,

Foremost, our prayers are with you.

Check your PM. I'm right here next door in Johns Creek and would love to talk to you about the convertible this weekend.

Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

I am sorry to say that I have not been on this site much over the past few years, but I drove my 71 tonight, and it spurred me to visit here.

Looking things over, I found this post of mine from 2 years ago, when life was VERY different - as I was facing a very poor cancer prognosis, and the task of getting rid of all my 'stuff'.  Thankfully, I just completed 2 years of a clinical trial with Immunotherapy drugs, and am cancer free for now.

The Shelby and the dirt bike are gone, but no regrets - as I still have too many projects.  

It was a joy to have the 71 Mustang out tonight, and see the beautiful sunset in Atlanta on a cool, fall evening.  Many thanks to all Of you who posted such kinds words about my circumstances.  They were (and still are) - much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back