Nice 73 Grande sighting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Yesterday (8/7/16) I attended a local mustang show in Erie, Pa organized by the Lake Erie Mustang Owner's Club (LEMOC). It was a very well run show with about 130 cars in attendance on a nice sunny day with about an hour and a half drive each way.

This 73 Grande caught my eye so I thought I would snap a few pics to share. The current owners's expressed interest in the forum when I explained what it was so maybe we will see them online soon. The car came out of Florida and was featurned on cover of Mustang Times (with previous owner). One thing that surprised me was the mention that original vinyl top was green to match the 4P Bright Green Gold exterior and Avocado interior.

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

Nice car!

Vinyl roofs were available as matched sets using roof color, exterior paint code and interior trim codes.

Here is the 1972 ones: (I'll try and get the 73 soon!!!)

1972 Vinyl Roof color options.JPG

Ray

Nice car, never seen triple gauges below the heater controls and trans ashtray holder, must be aftermarket I'd love to find the kit to do just that.

Nice car, never seen triple gauges below the heater controls and trans ashtray holder, must be aftermarket I'd love to find the kit to do just that.
That does look nice but would be hard to see while driving. I currently have my Tach mounted there where the clock should be on a long console and it is pretty much useless.

Gauges are aftermarket, available from just about any auto parts store.

Console is the factory standard "consolette" w/ashtray that came when you didn't check the full console box on the option sheet.

Avocado interior is an acquired taste for sure....

Back