Under Hood Details, Original Less Than 200 Mile 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Today Pegleg posted a link to a Barrett Jackson site that had a 73 Grande with less than 200 original miles on it. They state the car was never dealer prepped just as it left Ford. This engine compartment is what I remember. You do not see the 1" square white stickers everywhere and no sticker over the battery. There might be one on the drivers side shock tower & one behind the horn but hard to tell when you zoom in.

All the inspectors marks I have ever seen were the yellow rubber paint stamps you find in different places on the cars like one in pic. Drivers door end, front fender under hood, in the trunk lid. Never had any of those paper stickers on my 73 when new either.

David, it looks like the 1" inspection stickers for "B"-Body and "F"-Final are present on the shock tower by the horn just as you noted. The remnants of a third are there, but I cannot make out what it was. The second picture showing the "E" and what should have been another letter preceding it would have been the inspectors initials for the final on the left hand side. Different inspectors would inspect each side so the yellow rubber stamp initials will never be the same left vs right. The 148'ish mile 73' I inspected a couple of years ago did have numerous stickers for inspector check off. Here are a few of the photos of that car.

090212 337.JPG

090212 274.JPG

090212 276.JPG

090212 287.JPG

090212 333.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
David, it looks like the 1" inspection stickers for "B"-Body and "F"-Final are present on the shock tower by the horn just as you noted. The remnants of a third are there, but I cannot make out what it was. The second picture showing the "E" and what should have been another letter preceding it would have been the inspectors initials for the final on the left hand side. Different inspectors would inspect each side so the yellow rubber stamp initials will never be the same left vs right. The 148'ish mile 73' I inspected a couple of years ago did have numerous stickers for inspector check off. Here are a few of the photos of that car.
Looks like the blue convertible has the silver pivot arm on the mirror too!

The ragged edges on the stickers looks more like assembly line stuff, lol. I found a couple punch cards in the floor of mine and an extra set of the stainless for the pedals that was under the drivers seat. I did not let the dealer prep my car they did nothing but apply the under coat that MCA does not recognize as a ford option even though it was applied before I took ownership.

I need to go to the Greenville S.C. Ford dealer and see if he still has the 73 he did not sell.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures every little bit helps others. I have never seen a black paint for under the hood that comes any where near the Ford application. It looked bumpy and not smooth at all.

One day they will have that time machine and they can go back and get good video of it all, lol. That would put some on their heels.

Thanks again,

Back