door hinge pins & bushings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boilermaster

Reaction score
My Car
71 fastback
Looking for information on the dimensions of the door pins and bushings.

Need pin length, diameter and outside diameter of the bushings.

Type of knurl would also be helpful.

My local NAPA dealer literally has a dozen sets of pins and bushings in stock , but he has no way to look up by application.

Would gladly just buy some new hinges but don't want to have to deal with the painting thing (one off color paint)

any information would be helpful.

Also what about replacing the pins and bushings with the door still on the car ?

Boilermaster

boilermaster

You get some used ones, re-build them with this kit, and install one at the time. I have installed this kit-

68-73 Mustang & Cougar Door Hinge Products

http://www.mustangsteve.com/hinge.html

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same for mine - works awesome... you won't regret it... ever, since they'll outlast the rest of the car once they're installed and filled.

Hinge pin kits are available thru EBay, National Parts Depot, Mustangs Unlimited, Kentucky Mustang, Ohio Mustang, etc. in prices ranging from $10.00 to $25.00. You can keep your original hinges. The repair kits come with 4 pins and 8 bushings.

I replace them with the door still attached and the hinges bolted on. Easy work.. Be sure to lubricate the pins liberally when sliding them thru the bushings..

Just sayin..

Call or email I have standard pins and bushings , and can mail out today

Don

I just bought my replacement pins and bushings from a Mustang supply house. The replacements are longer then the originals so they were cut to length. If your hinge is good, no need to Replace the entire assembly...

Last edited:
I replaced mine years ago but the one thing I remember was that the door weighs A TON!

One hinge at a time is the way to go and support the door with a floor jack and wood block.

Thanks Kevin J.. I forgot to mention the weight of the doors..

Hey can anyone explain how to replace the pins and bushings without removing the door hinges? I'm just trying to avoid removing the fenders or buying an expensive Snap-on Hinge wrench.

Thanks, Chet

Back