Dash paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
While looking for the correct Black dash paint for my RR project I found that Instrument Specialties had a supply of 70's black base paint. They are able to mix up the correct color for Mustangs dashes including the Camera Case color. Just thought I'd throw this out in case someone was looking for the dash paint. Cost is $99.00 for a pint which is enough to do a dash and steering column.

what is the site information so i can see what they got

thanks mongosCJ

As far as I know Ford used the same black paint for the metal parts of the dash from 1965 - 1973 it has the tiny metallic flakes. I use the NPD AP-4464 Black Metallic made my Seymour their number 16-395.

I have actually turned the can upside down and bled all the propellant out and pierced the can so I could remove the liquid and spray with gun but can get just as good using the can so I quit doing that. If you do remove the paint from aerosol can do not put a wood stir stick in the paint it goes crazy and like explodes out of the container. The camera black I just get at paint store.

I just wish there was something to do the chrome areas with that looked better.

Back