Dash trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1972Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1979 Trans Am
1996 Mustang Cobra
1991 Mustang LX Coupe
1988 Mustang LX Hatch
Does anyone know if I can add the deluxe trim that goes around the glove box to a car that had standard interior? I already have a deluxe glove box door with the trim and wanted to make sure I can add the deluxe trim to a standard dash. Thanks!!!

Sure, you will either need to drill holes to mount it or

you can cut off the plastic studs and glue it on the dash

The reason I ask was because I have not found a picture of the back side of the dash trim piece and did not know if the dash structure had recessed holes for the trim piece. I was not aware that it basically involved drilling holes in the structure.

If there's no camera case-textured plastic piece on your dashboard, then yeah - you'll need to drill holes.

If there's a plastic piece that just doesn't have the chrome trim strip around the outline (Deluxe Trim), then you can swap the pieces easy enough - although, it will be a PITA to get to the fasteners on the backside of the dashboard itself.

I've not seen too many interiors that didn't have some kind of plastic trim, but I know they're out there.

The magnet idea sounds interesting. Good idea! ::thumb::

Back