2016 Woodward Dream Cruise

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Heading over to Woodward today! Ya its finally here! Should be quite a sight to see. Anyone going?

I'll be 2 blocks south of 11 mile on the east side of Woodward on Saturday. A friend of mine got us all day parking/party passes.

Weather looks pretty good for today & Friday. Saturday they are calling for rain in the afternoon, but the morning looks good.

Cruising it today and tomorrow. I'm so lucky to live here in Michigan, there is always something cool going on with cars. Love the Motor City!

Anyway, I'll be in a bright yellow 72 Mach 1 cruising Woodward...hope to see you there! :)

I have a Facebook friend who works for Ford that has been watching my Mach 1 come back from the dead. He invited me to come up there for the event, but that's just a little too far of a hike from West Texas - especially since I haven't even really driven it around my own town, let alone out on the open highway.

I have a Facebook friend who works for Ford that has been watching my Mach 1 come back from the dead. He invited me to come up there for the event, but that's just a little too far of a hike from West Texas - especially since I haven't even really driven it around my own town, let alone out on the open highway.
That would be a long trip, especially heading back. But it is amazing how many people travel a long way to get here.

I'm lucky to only live about 15-20 miles away.

Hey, if you bump into a guy from Ford named Kerry Thompson, tell him Eric from San Angelo says "Hi," and mention our website. He'll probably come in and join up - he's a really nice guy and loves Mustangs.

Hey, if you bump into a guy from Ford named Kerry Thompson, tell him Eric from San Angelo says "Hi," and mention our website. He'll probably come in and join up - he's a really nice guy and loves Mustangs.
Will do, probably a long shot though. But you never know, was there yesterday & didn't see any 71,72 or 73's Mustangs. Then all of a sudden here comes my neighbor in his 71 Mach. He pulled out on Woodward right behind me. We stopped and took a couple pics.

209.JPG216.JPG223.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading over to Woodward today! Ya its finally here! Should be quite a sight to see. Anyone going?

I'll be 2 blocks south of 11 mile on the east side of Woodward on Saturday. A friend of mine got us all day parking/party passes.

Weather looks pretty good for today & Friday. Saturday they are calling for rain in the afternoon, but the morning looks good.

Cruising it today and tomorrow. I'm so lucky to live here in Michigan, there is always something cool going on with cars. Love the Motor City!

Anyway, I'll be in a bright yellow 72 Mach 1 cruising Woodward...hope to see you there! :)
John I am going to Mustang show at Ford headquarters on Sunday. I missed it last year. Are you going this year?

John J

Spent Sat. in Mustang Alley....got there really early, and the organizers were really on their game...parking went smooth. The Ford display was again awesome, with a variety of new products coming out...The new Raptor and of course the creme de la creme...the New GT40...WOW what a beautiful car.

Though I have nothing against any year Mustang...I must say I was disappointed that there was very few classics 65-73 in attendance...

Hoping the Mustang Memories show on Sat. is attended by more classics...

See you there

Roadkill.com had some good pix of a couple 71-73s

If you are not aware of roadkill.com look them up on YouTube

Some pretty good wrenching. They are really good builders, but they have to cobble stuff on the side of the road to make deadlines.

Back