Would you want to know???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 m code
If you post a picture of your car and someone points out something on your car that would need attention/fixed, would you get pissed off or do you accept the constructive criticism??

So I see a picture of a really nice car but the driver seat is noticeably leaning farther back than the passenger seat. Clearly the seat frame is broken, which is a common problem with our cars. I point it out to the owner and I get "thanks, but no thanks". Ok dude, no problem, but soon youll be driving from the back seat hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
.... Ok dude, no problem, but soon youll be driving from the back seat hahaha
Ha Ha Ha Ha......

Of course I would want to know. And I was that guy.

Really? That was you on Facebook? Dude, I am really sorry if I offended you but I really was just trying to help and unfortunately, there is no easy way to tell someone. Your car is gorgeous.

It depends on why they are posting the picture and what you are giving advice on. When I posted a few shots of mine someone noted that the rear bumper isn't quite straight. I already knew that so no big deal.

I would want to know. I already know most of what is wrong with mine including the bad seat frame that I have propped up with wood blocks until this winter but I'm always looking to improve the vehicle.

I suppose I would be interested, but more than likely I may already be aware of most of the issues.

On something like the driver's seat, mine is leaning further back than the passenger seat, but it's intentional since I cut the spacers in half to allow more room away from the steering wheel for my personal comfort (plus I drive it 99% of the time). I can easily put the original ones back since they are in the console.

As long as the observation is well intentioned, it would welcome.

Depends upon what the observation is.

If you note my front bumper is black and should be body color, I'm going to brush it off-I know it is black, I painted it black and I like it that way, wrong yes-but it is obvious enough that I don't need it pointed out.

If on the other hand you point out that a lens on my tailights is cracked, well I just saw that the first time a few weeks ago after a friend noticed it. I have a spare and will replace at some point this fall, I appreciated him pointing that out.

I assume most of us know about major flaws in our cars build-no need to point out those, but if I was showing my car as a concours original, I'd want to know about wrong decals etc

I suppose I would be interested, but more than likely I may already be aware of most of the issues.

On something like the driver's seat, mine is leaning further back than the passenger seat, but it's intentional since I cut the spacers in half to allow more room away from the steering wheel for my personal comfort (plus I drive it 99% of the time). I can easily put the original ones back since they are in the console.

As long as the observation is well intentioned, it would welcome.
I did the same thing to mine, and for the same reasons. :whistling:

The final thought is key: as long as it is well-intentioned. Picking something apart for the purpose of picking something apart is usually not the best way to make friends and influence people. I ain't gonna lie, I've done my share of pointing and picking (usually on the ridiculously overpriced ebay/CL ads), and I've pissed off a few people in doing so.

But I agree that I think it's all in the approach.

Good topic. Interesting to hear everybody's opinions. ::thumb::

I normally don't point out anything unless it's a possible safety issue, brake lights not working, tire going flat, etc that they might not be aware of. On the other hand, I appreciate it when people point out things on my car that I might not have been aware of. I don't take offense because I know the person is just trying to be helpful.

If it's about a safety issue, then yes but if you only want to point out what is "wrong" with the car and not original then I don't think I want to know because obviously originality is not what I was going for. I probably know those issues too and I chose to ignore them on purpose.

If you post a picture of your car and someone points out something on your car that would need attention/fixed, would you get pissed off or do you accept the constructive criticism??

So I see a picture of a really nice car but the driver seat is noticeably leaning farther back than the passenger seat. Clearly the seat frame is broken, which is a common problem with our cars. I point it out to the owner and I get "thanks, but no thanks". Ok dude, no problem, but soon youll be driving from the back seat hahaha
At least 95% of the time in all things I do, the work though now retired, the cars, the guns, the handloads, the hunts,etc, well ICGAF.

Back