Distributor Rebuild- Bearing Change Out

Situation:

I will be utilizing a 1980's Ford HEI distributor in my 1971 351C. I was very careful to match it up to the original.

I pulled two or three from the boneyard, and would like to have the bearings replaced, whether or not they are needed.

I will probably do the original, then do two more with varying timing curves to play with.

Is there a trusted service BRONZE BEARING REPLACEMENT service provider? Or is this just a typical auto machine shop type of issue. I did have Dave at Dave Don't Give Me No Crap HEI Small Body rebuild one for a 351W, which was outstanding in every regard.

But I think he kicked the bucket. Hoping his wife puts the Snap On Distributor timing machine up for sale on eBay.

The timing curve is another thread.

Thanks.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me

Well I don't have an answer, but I do have a suggestion-take a look at what Performance Distributors does in their Duraspark build. I have used the HEI units in several vehicles and have gone to their shop and watched them tune a distributor on their old machines. Nice professional folks.

http://performancedistributors.com/product/ford-duraspark-distributors/

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I don't know of any either. But even if you can find some you'll still need to get them sized (reamed) for correct clearance.

Without knowing a good machine shop or distributor rebuilder your odds are about the same as expecting to come home a winner after a weekend in Las Vegas.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein