Rod Bearings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewxx72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1Q
Hello Ford Folks---Does anybody know why you would make this modification to a rod and bearing? It's just a notch through all 8.From what I've read the 351-C is know for low oil flow to certain journals at high rpm, and this mod looks like it would make it worse. All Help welcome.

IMG_0137.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no benefit to what has been done. If anything it's a loss. The balance would be different rod to rod. Although the difference would probably not make any difference on a street engine. The surfaces appear dark, have they run without oil.

There is no benefit to what has been done. If anything it's a loss. The balance would be different rod to rod. Although the difference would probably not make any difference on a street engine. The surfaces appear dark, have they run without oil.

Not to my knowledge, but I have no idea who rebuilt the engine last.

Well....after having rebuilt a motor with 200+ miles on it, my stock oem bearings were just fine.

Are they all like that?

Regardless, throw away!!!!

do you want to know what mods you can do to a cleveland to prevent bearing failure?

Back