Rod and Custom coil over suspension?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I am in the planning process of my build and am wondering if anyone has any experience with Rod and Custom's Coil-over front suspension. Any like or dislikes? How is the ride quality? I am keeping my 351c for now but would like to do a coyote swap at some point in the future.

I like their setup because it gives me a performance suspension, disk brakes, power steering all in one package. Would like to hear from someone who has experience with their product or from someone who has a better suggestion. Thanks!

2q2pi4i.jpg

Or you could avoid all the cutting welding and old mustang 2 technology.

Street or track setup I have installed in both my 72's modern revised geometry setup. http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/Coilover_Front_Suspension.pdf Was so impressed I became a dealer I offer a discount to members here on the board. If interested pm me. Theres been lots of failures of the the m2 setup and why anyone would want to downgrade to such a outdated setup made for a pinto is beyond me http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/mustang-ii-kit-failure-18601.html

Heres my install video

Or you could avoid all the cutting welding and old mustang 2 technology.

Street or track setup I have installed in both my 72's modern revised geometry setup. http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/Coilover_Front_Suspension.pdf Was so impressed I became a dealer I offer a discount to members here on the board. If interested pm me. Theres been lots of failures of the the m2 setup and why anyone would want to downgrade to such a outdated setup made for a pinto is beyond me http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/mustang-ii-kit-failure-18601.html

Heres my install video

Coil over suspension, rack and pinion steering, disk brakes are outdated?

Coil over suspension, rack and pinion steering, disk brakes are outdated?
Of course we all know those are modern updates. I will be more specific

The mustang 2 or pinto control arms-spindles-ball joint angles- steering axis inclination are just a few of the angles design to consider -mustang 2 was 1 of the worst handling cars-so unless you find a kit that has modified optimized all those angles all your doing is installing the same setup used on those cars. Heres some good reading so you can understand what to look for when buying or retrofitting suspension components. http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/glossary/steering-axis-inclination/

Well wouldn't most of the Mii suspension systems have modified that already? Look how many hot rods out there run a SLA system. I mean a steering box in a car with a bunch of links to a spindle and two rods running to the rad support to support the front end is an old outdated system. Even 1/2 ton pick up trucks don't use a steering box anymore. I am all for the SLA steering rack upgrade.

I don't believe the MII is the worst driving at all. It was superior to the Previous Mustangs.

There are still at least a half of a dozen different Manufacturers building MII kits for various cars today, even non-Fords.

I have installed this kit one my '73 but I will be of no use to claim its attributes. I haven't driven the car yet as it is still being built. Plus, I bought it as a roller so I have no reference to how it drove before.

I can't say how it compares to other current front suspension kits but I feel certain that it will be better than stock.

On a side note, Cutting out the big shock towers allows for Modular engine swaps.

What about rear suspension? Currently, my car is at Street or Track getting their '67-'70 kit installed as a test subject. With just a few tweaks, it fits.

Now I have to wait for my 9" floating axle.

image1.JPG

I don't believe the MII is the worst driving at all. It was superior to the Previous Mustangs.

There are still at least a half of a dozen different Manufacturers building MII kits for various cars today, even non-Fords.

I have installed this kit one my '73 but I will be of no use to claim its attributes. I haven't driven the car yet as it is still being built. Plus, I bought it as a roller so I have no reference to how it drove before.

I can't say how it compares to other current front suspension kits but I feel certain that it will be better than stock.

On a side note, Cutting out the big shock towers allows for Modular engine swaps.

What about rear suspension? Currently, my car is at Street or Track getting their '67-'70 kit installed as a test subject. With just a few tweaks, it fits.

Has there been any projected time frame for availability of this rear suspension for the 71-73 cars? Suspension and brakes are my next project and I'm looking at Street or Track for this.

Has there been any projected time frame for availability of this rear suspension for the 71-73 cars? Suspension and brakes are my next project and I'm looking at Street or Track for this.
Call or email Shaun. He is prompt.

Back