Need a c4 transmission

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexican

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang grande
Does anybody have a good running transmission for my 71 coupe? mine still runs but don't wanna take any chances, or does anybody know where i can get one? here in Tulsa nobody wants to touch it:-/

C-4's are one of the easiest trannys to rebuild. Just about any decent tranny shop should be able to take care of you! My buddy rebuilt mine and we only had a couple hundred bucks for a good rebuild kit and a box of beer.

I have two, and I'd sell one of them. Both are missing the bellhousings (both broken while in trusted storage by someone else), both have higher stall converters.

They've been in out of cars for at least 15 years each, can't vouch for how one of them works at all... the other is bone stock from a '68 Torino that I once had.

Either will be cheap without converters, but are located in Pittsburgh, PA.

You can IM me here if interested.

Pete

I have two, and I'd sell one of them. Both are missing the bellhousings (both broken while in trusted storage by someone else), both have higher stall converters.

They've been in out of cars for at least 15 years each, can't vouch for how one of them works at all... the other is bone stock from a '68 Torino that I once had.

Either will be cheap without converters, but are located in Pittsburgh, PA.

You can IM me here if interested.

Pete
Thank you but i am looking for one that is ready to install

I pulled an FMX from my 73 that was running fine. Prob could use a new valve. Includes everything shifter linkage converter etc. you can have it. Just pay to ship it from Iowa. Hard to believe no one will rebuild your c4. It is a common Trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a place here in town that is willing to try it, will see what comes out of it

Back