Seat Platform Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I am working on modifying my repo seat risers to fit like the factory ones (slightly shorter) but when I put them in the car I've notice that the front bolt holes aren't square to the rocker. The rear seems fine but not the fronts. It's the same on both sides of the car. Is this Normal? If I were to mount a seat in the car it's like it would be turned slightly inward. Any input on this?

Can you post a picture
It seems very slight in the picture.

308y13p.jpg

Can you post a picture

308y13p.jpg
Looks to me like you need to pass that through a small vice and a hammer for knocking out dents. It may sit straighter insitu afterwards. Try bolting plate to seat and then try placing in place and see how it sits before welding. That way you could do a couple of spot welds when you got it right. Once your happy unbolt the seat and seam weld to finish.

Remington,

My body man measured the original pans and then installed re-conditioned original left and right hand seat platforms. Pegleg is right on with screwing down the platforms, fit and finish, before welding them in.

IMO, the reproduction seat platforms are crap. Unfortunately, this is all we have. Keep us posted.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post a picture

308y13p.jpg
Looks to me like you need to pass that through a small vice and a hammer for knocking out dents. It may sit straighter insitu afterwards. Try bolting plate to seat and then try placing in place and see how it sits before welding. That way you could do a couple of spot welds when you got it right. Once your happy unbolt the seat and seam weld to finish.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Just need to get a seat! It doesn't seem like much to fret over but when things don't seem perfectly right on your car it will mess with your head. I just want it to be right, ya know?

Back