Body panels and rails needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesozoic

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang fastback restomod. Caged, stiffened, lowered, on 17" wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes and Bilstein dampers. PST polygraphite suspension kit w/Mustangs Plus springs. Custom SEFI-EDIS8 EEC-V injection based on '96 Crown Vic harness (CDAN4 strategy). 90mm induction, LMAF, 80mm Accufab TB, Edelbrock Victor intake, 42# injectors, fully ported RHS Pro Action 215 heads, long tube headers. '69 351W stroked to 408 using Scat 4340 crank, H-beam rods, SRP pistons. Comp Cams 284 Magnum hydraulic roller cam, Canton windage tray and main girdle w/blueprinted standard pressure oil pump. Serpentine conversion using late model 5.0 parts. Backed by a built 4R70W, FB Performance 3000 RPM triple-disc converter, custom alum driveshaft, stock Ford 9" w/3.50:1 billet LS.
23 years of ownership and finally, someone ran a red light and smoked my '71. Pretty extensive damage to the passenger rear quarter panel and related structures. Does anyone know if rear frame rails are reproduced? Who makes the best quality repro sheetmetal parts for these cars?

23 years of ownership and finally, someone ran a red light and smoked my '71. Pretty extensive damage to the passenger rear quarter panel and related structures. Does anyone know if rear frame rails are reproduced? Who makes the best quality repro sheetmetal parts for these cars?
That Blows :-/

Call Don at Ohio Mustang

Mesozoic,

That really sucks! I looked thorough my Mustangs Unlimited catalog and found the available complete rear frame rail. The re-production rear quarters, especially for the coupes, are OK. Per Qcode351mach, take this information and call Don at Ohio Mustang to seek his advice and see if he can get these parts for you.

2a0ar9l.jpg

Source: 1965 -1973 Mustangs Unlimited pp. 215 CR: 2016

Keeps posted. Do you have pictures? :gotpics:

mustang7173

Agree with Scott - that sucks, hope no one was hurt.

Dynacorn is the only one having full fastback quarter panels made they are good - I am a dealer

Frame rails were being made in 3 sections and welded together by Mr Mustang in Dayton OH

He passed away, his Daughter kept the company going for awhile but has sold it to trim parts group. No one has been making his frame rails for over a year. I did receive a letter from a Corvette parts manufacturing co in PA. They said they bought all the frame rail tooling and were moving it to PA to start production. No ETA though

I did just pick up a 73 Mach 1 parts car with good rails and inner supports if you end up needing any of the internal parts

Thanks all. The vehicle was insured with Grundy Worldwide collector insurance, so we'll see what they want to do and go from there. The agreed value is quite high at $40K, so I suspect they will probably want to repair it, but who knows.

I noticed that NPD has frame rails listed too. I'll let my body man know about options presented in this thread, though.

Dang Man - that totally sucks! Without seeing any pics, I can honestly say that I'm sure everything is repairable.

Hopefully, you'll get it back in order sooner than later without too much hassle.

Good luck! ::thumb::

Sorry to hear that, man. That's one of my biggest fears. At least it sounds as though she can be repaired. I have always had good luck with buying parts cars. That way, you have everything you need. Just a thought. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back