Error - Page not found

Flatback72

Question

I am assuming others here have the same problem that I sometimes have where an error message comes up saying the thread does not exist, as per the example below:

errormessage.jpg

The board is set to 10 threads per page. When the 10th post is posted on a page, in the menu screen for that thread a new page number icon is automatically created for the next page (e.g.error1.jpg), but the icon generated actually doesn't lead anywhere except to an error page. The easy workaround for this in most cases is to simply hit the icon for the previous page and you get to see the last post that was posted.

However, on large threads that contain multiple thread icons (e.g.error2.jpg), the icon for the previous page doesn't show up - only the first four page icons are there so the only way to make it to see the last post is to say click on the page 4 icon which will then expose the page 6 icon which will then expose the page 8 icon and so on.....

I wonder if it is possible for this slight board problem to be rectified??

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

17 answers to this question

I've never seen this error page, but I have clicked to view the next page of a thread and have been taken to a Bing Search page; really weird. I am eventually able to get back and see the thread page I was looking for.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I can't seem to replicate the issue. I tried all the examples that you listed and everything works fine. Does this happen to you often? What browsers are you using? I do know that IE9 causes some problems on ALL websites...LOL! I use Firefox 4 and have no problems.

spacer.png

I just spent a few minutes trying to post a thread and then got a "My BBE" error page. Sux that I lost my write up and had to do it all over again, but this website wouldn't be the same without these "error pages" and "put you on time out" deals rofl

I have had the same error page problem. when you click on it brings me to the same page as in the first post. I am using firefox.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

I can't seem to replicate the issue. I tried all the examples that you listed and everything works fine. Does this happen to you often? What browsers are you using? I do know that IE9 causes some problems on ALL websites...LOL! I use Firefox 4 and have no problems.

I'm using Firefox 3.5 at the moment. I'm pretty sure that the problem happens both when I'm logged in and when I'm not, but there is an element of doubt about that in my head now so next time I have the problem I will try to replicate it under both scenarios. I will also open IE8 and see if I can replicate it there too. The problem is consistent though; whatever the thread, as soon as ten posts are generated for the page a new page icon shows up that leads to the error page.

I think I will be upgrading to Firefox 4 very soon, just want to make sure it supports all my current add-ons before I do.

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

I just spent a few minutes trying to post a thread and then got a "My BBE" error page. Sux that I lost my write up and had to do it all over again, but this website wouldn't be the same without these "error pages" and "put you on time out" deals rofl

I got this one also today:dodgy:

I'm using Firefox 3.5 at the moment. I'm pretty sure that the problem happens both when I'm logged in and when I'm not, but there is an element of doubt about that in my head now so next time I have the problem I will try to replicate it under both scenarios. I will also open IE8 and see if I can replicate it there too. The problem is consistent though; whatever the thread, as soon as ten posts are generated for the page a new page icon shows up that leads to the error page.

I think I will be upgrading to Firefox 4 very soon, just want to make sure it supports all my current add-ons before I do.

I'll chime in so you don't think you're the only one! I get that on the longer threads, like you said when it is just starting a new page I suspect. I use IE...and am logged in.

I have the same issues as in the first post. I am logged in and am using Chrome as my browser.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I had the same issue earlier today ...was on the face's to names thread....

I'm using Firefox 4 and I was signed in.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

got this one just now

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@7173mustangs.bigmacktrucks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.7173mustangs.com Port 80

Happens to me quite often.

About 20 minutes ago on the "Faces to names" thread.

It only happens when I click the last listed page. I have found that I only need to change the number of the page in the address bar on top to the previous one and it works. If I type a reply to the last post, it will show up as the first one on the new page that was not available before.

I guess it happens when the previous page is "full" and it generates a new page but there is no post on that new page, so then the new page does "not exist".

Just my guess.....

I´m using Firefox.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

At work I haven't been able to get on the site since Tue.Our computer guys looked at it today and could not find any thing wrong.Occasionaly at home I can't get on.Gremlins???

20r9ylt.jpg

I'm looking into it but I think it is a normal bug with MyBB software. It seems to occurr when you click on the pagenation links. I never see this error because I usually use the "Go to first unread post" button. It is the little green arrow just before the thread title [ jump.gif ] I'll keep looking but we may be stuck with this little bug!

spacer.png

I'm looking into it but I think it is a normal bug with MyBB software. It seems to occurr when you click on the pagenation links. I never see this error because I usually use the "Go to first unread post" button. It is the little green arrow just before the thread title [ jump.gif ] I'll keep looking but we may be stuck with this little bug!

Never knew what that was for. Learn something new here everyday. :P only problem with using that is I forget what has already been said:s

x2, little green arrow huh? Amazing... Hey, I know Tn is probably on the plane south of the border, but we spoke to American Powertrain at the Good Guys Nashville Nationals today... nice helpful employee manning the booth in the vendor area, I didn't catch the name. They also do driveshafts, so for anyone wanting to do a transmission swap, they seem to be a turnkey outfit!

A buddy of mine will likely use them for a 302/T5 swap in his 66 Mustang automatic, 6 cylinder car.