Headers done.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1. Originally 2V but going 4V soon!
It wasn't too bad. Getting the heat shield off the passenger side manifold seemed to take forever. I ended up cutting it. Did have to undo some of the steering on the drivers side to get that one to slide in. Jack her up high to get a better angle. No dent's or mods to the headers. One of the bolts provided on the drivers side wouldnt go end. The bend of the tube prevented it. Subbed a stainless steel regular bolt worked fine. We used the bend cards for a 72 boss over the axle part. It worked great even though the pipe was 2.25 inch, a little larger. Like the way the back dropped out. I really wanted to weld some nuts to the back of the flowmasters so that hanger would bolt up but that first bend over the axel would have been close to 90. I'll come back at some point and forge a bent rod with flattened ends to bolt into the holes on the support bracket. Rear shocks are probably my next upgrade. Have a great day yall. Oh sounds cool. Love it. Hooker Comp, flowmaster 40's 2.25 pipe, 73 Q code, 4 speed, PS, PB no air.

Headers3.jpegHeaders1.jpgHeaders2.jpg

Great work, looks fantastic. ::thumb::

Nice clean installation. Are those air shocks I see? From what I read those aren't really recommended on our cars. The mounting surfaces on the body is not reinforced to handle the stress that these can put on the body area. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

How does the car sound with this setup?

Sweet! Now send the specs to Pypes so they can come out with a staggered shock kit. :whistling:

Like J said about the air shocks, you might want to keep a close eye on the upper mounting points - mine came to me with some very blown-out air shocks and the wallowed out holes in the sheet metal from where they beat the crap out of the car. Granted, yours looks a whole lot less abused than mine did. :D

Looks great! ::thumb::

Back