It's been a while.....sorry. I've GOT ONE!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormy22

Reaction score
My Car
Soon '06 Cervini'd Mustang 4.6 V8 GT..and after, 71-73 Project Mach 1
Hi all,

It's been a while since I have been on this forum and I can only apologise. I have forgotten where I got up to before...I was in China, been back a year and a half now though lol.

I bought an '06 GT when I had been back 2 days lol and a few months ago, I found a '71 Mach 1 too!!!!

I have spent a few K on the '06 in the past year or so and below are what it looks like now. Below are also the pics of the '71.

I bought it 14th May this year. It is a 1971 Mach 1 in Grabber blue and silver. First imported t the UK in 1972, been dry stored for past 20 years. It has 1 tiny (1/2 size of a 5 p) rust hole in the floor and no other rust what-so-ever on it. It has an M code 351 cleveland 4V engine (came in bits along with almost 2 of everything except the block) but no inlet manifold.

I will restore over the next 2 years or so and will start in January (after my psychological research report is finished)

I am on the lookout for a turnkey 351C 4v or parts to rebuild the one I have.

CgNulL1.jpg

2I51NWZ.jpg

FZkqCpt.jpg

rF8qbcR.jpg

aWarB0B.jpg

Welcome back. Good looking cars and the cat looks good as well. What are you goals for the Mach, performance, usage, etc.? Chuck

Many people think it is red.....it is very Orange though.

Goals changed. At one point I considered going the 5.0 Coyote with Hotrod cams route....but I would prefer to keep the 351. I have been offered a 2V but I want the 4V. It will be standard apart from the colour. I'm going for dark metallic purple!

Welcome back. What did you do in China? I also went there for work a couple years ago In WuHu and Wuxi at Tool & Die shop.

On the 351 the 2-V is the exact same block as the 4-V. The block is cast with provisions for the 4 bolt mains if you want to add but normal use you don't need them. The heads of course are different.

Back