What's your MPG?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what you're getting to the gallon on your 71-73?

I'm running a low spec 302 2V with a standard Autolite 2 barrel carb and am getting 24mpg, which seems ok for these things. I got the timing sorted recently too and it's pulling nicely now.

What are you getting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to average 0 mpg? Cuz thats where I think I'm at. lol. Never calculated but I know it can't be good fuel mileage.

Also is that US mpg or Imperial MPG? That makes a huge difference.

I still haven't gotten my speedometer cable installed, and I've gone through roughly 2 tankfuls of gas since I've owned it.

Surely, that's got to account for something less than 0 mpg in some circles. lollerz

Averaged 14.25 over the 2,550 miles in my '73 Grande' on 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour. Kinda dismal really for a bone stock original 302 auto car. I thought they did better than that. We were hitting the gas pump every 200 miles.

I know I stop for gas quite a bit! Afraid to measure it! (351C/4BBL/CAM)

I'm running a low spec 302 2V with a standard Autolite 2 barrel carb and am getting 24mpg, which seems ok for these things. I got the timing sorted recently too and it's pulling nicely now.

What are you getting?

What are you getting?

What are you getting?

Hey Thin Lizzy, Off topic, but do you have Marti report for that car? I see the Mach hood on convertible. Mine has one too and I believe some previous owner did a swap. Mine does not show on Marti although others here tell me you could order it as a option.

I average around 9. Before I put in the OD I was getting closer to 7. Most of my driving is pretty 'spirited' since I don't drive the Mustang much. (Signature has full specs - 351c 4v comp 270 and tripower)

Hey Thin Lizzy, Off topic, but do you have Marti report for that car? I see the Mach hood on convertible. Mine has one too and I believe some previous owner did a swap.
Yes, it's none original and not on the Marti report. But it's staying as it looks cool!

Back on topic...

I average around 9. Before I put in the OD I was getting closer to 7. Most of my driving is pretty 'spirited' since I don't drive the Mustang much. (Signature has full specs - 351c 4v comp 270 and tripower)
Thats about what I figure too, the car doesn't see highway much and I usually drive it just to hear the exhaust roar.

Jealous about the OD btw.

Back