Days gone by... My old Mach 1 "J" Code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

Just thought I would share my former pride and joy, owned for almost 20 years. The paint as you see it was 19 year old paint... Put my heart and soul into this car, made a lot of mistakes during the restoration, but enjoyed the years of bringing her back... Sadly, the original engine and tranny were gone when I got her, but I searched out all the parts and restored her back to its former glory...

As a purist, I could never get over the fact that the original drive train was gone... eventually sold her in 2010. She was a great car and I had a lot of fun...

71 - 429 Mach 1 My2....jpg

71 - 429 Mach 1 My....jpg

71 - 429 Mach 1 My3....jpg

Great looking car!

-even without the original engine. As long as it has something very similar - that is cool by me. Of course it effects overall value but hey - they can't all be original matching number cars. Tasteful restorations are some of my favorites!!!!!!!

Ray

Pastel Blue, that Pewter color sure steals my heart. Money pit #1 (My Pewter Mach1) has been in my life since I bought her in 1975 when I returned to the States from my overseas assignment. Sure wished I knew you in 2010!! It's really a wonder that any of these vehicles survived intact with any part of their original powertrain. If most were driven like my friends drove theirs, then they received a pretty good thrashing on any given night! I know a lot of Boss and CJ cars (302, 351, 428, 429) are running around with service blocks. I know your doing a concours restoration and have really enjoyed following your build. I agree with Boss1Ray, with original owners that drove their cars like my friends did, numbers matching original powertrains are just not always possible. Next best would be a period correct same engine family replacement such as that super sharp Pewter beauty you owned!!

She looks fantastic. I'm sure your vert will surpass it. I have been learning quite a bit from your build threads, and looking forward to seeing pics of the finished product, as I'm sure you are as well.

Scott

Back