• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Q Code Convertible project for sale - SOLD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the car, and many of the parts. This is a great deal for someone. Needs floorpans, but everything else looks really nice and restoreable.

I have a C-6 and a 351 block and heads (block will need a sleeve) along with lots of small parts. If they will help make the sale, I'll cut a super deal with the buyer if they are so inclined, just to help out a friend

Gosh looks like you spent all the money just need time to put it all in shape and together. I guess you have none of the original Q engine or the C-6? A Mustang in a box just add labor and love.
I have a few original 351 parts but the engine was seised with 5 cylinders needing to be beat out with a 3lb. hammer and 2x4. The cheapest I could find to rework the block was $450 with sleeves so I had to can the option of bringing it back to stock. It needs interior, a top, and radiator.

Gosh looks like you spent all the money just need time to put it all in shape and together. I guess you have none of the original Q engine or the C-6? A Mustang in a box just add labor and love.
I have a few original 351 parts but the engine was seised with 5 cylinders needing to be beat out with a 3lb. hammer and 2x4. The cheapest I could find to rework the block was $450 with sleeves so I had to can the option of bringing it back to stock. It needs interior, a top, and radiator.
Doesn't seem like a bad deal to bring the original engine back to the car? This is a good deal, even with spending $$ on the original engine...

Oh, how I wish I was closer and had the room for another Mustang.

New interior, top, floor pans, final details/goodies + engine work = a nice, solid 'vert for around $10K total investment (including the purchase price).

I am taking extra medication tonight to stop me from coming to Tenn. About 6 hour drive for me use to do tool work in the Nashville area.

I won't sleep tonight thinking of that darn car. The green Japan 429 car had me sitting at the computer with finger ready to bid I just managed not to, lol.

Do you have the Marti report?

No, sorry. I know that the q code with c6 makes it around 1of675. It may be more rare than that.

Its definitely rare ...wondering about the options that came from factory;that was the reason to see if you had the Marti report

Back