Interior rear view mirror

I was looking on Ebay and advertised is a mirror that incorporates the sunvisor rod insert bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-1967-1968-1969-1973-Ford-Mustang-Rear-View-Mirror-/272339580860?hash=item3f68b437bc:g:EBYAAOSwKfVXIpF1&vxp=mtr

My car has a individual bracket for the sunvisor rods. The mirror is laying on my passenger seat unattached from the windshield.

So my question; Is the mirror on Ebay correct for my 1971 Grande?

If the Ebay mirror is incorrect & the mirror is glued directly to the screen does the mirror have a slot in the back that slides into a bracket and the bracket glues directly to the windshield?

If the Ebay one is incorrect where can i purchase a correct mirror used or NOS?

Can someone post a picture of a correct mirror please

20160907_171050.thumb.jpg.97f19a7cc60acd68089b25251764cc50.jpg

Steve

1971 Grande

I was looking on Ebay and advertised is a mirror that incorporates the sunvisor rod insert bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-1967-1968-1969-1973-Ford-Mustang-Rear-View-Mirror-/272339580860?hash=item3f68b437bc:g:EBYAAOSwKfVXIpF1&vxp=mtr

My car has a individual bracket for the sunvisor rods. The mirror is laying on my passenger seat unattached from the windshield.

So my question; Is the mirror on Ebay correct for my 1971 Grandé?

If the Ebay mirror is incorrect & the mirror is glued directly to the screen does the mirror have a slot in the back that slides into a bracket and the bracket glues directly to the windshield?

If the Ebay one is incorrect where can i purchase a correct mirror used or NOS?

Can someone post a picture of a correct mirror please

The Ebay mirror is not correct for the 1971-73 Mustangs. The 71-73 Mustangs had the mirror glued onto the actual windshield. I will have to find my mirror for my 73 Grande' for pictures if no one else puts one up for you. It's in one of the many boxes of parts I have as I took my car apart for restoration 4 years ago.

Michael

I looked on CJPony and found this bracket;

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mirror-bracket-rear-view-mirror-to-windshield-1970-1973/p/HW411/

The mirror i have looks like the slot at the back fits into this bracket

Yes, you are correct, that bracket glues to the windshield and the mirror attaches to it.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

That's a 67 mirror. I think it changed in 68 as well.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)