Interior quarter panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventhorizon

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code with factory ram air
Hi, first time poster. I am converting the rear quarter Windows to roll down in my 72 mach. I want to save the originals and not drill holes in them for the window crank. So I bought a pair off eBay. I notice the eBay pair have slots cut into them (maybe for seat belts), where my stock ones don't. Are the eBay ones not from a 72? Are they from a convertible?

Thanks for the help

Tom

Tom,

Panels from 1971 did not have the seat belt cut out. The 72/73 panels had them when they went to the retractor seat belts. Post a pic to tell if you bought fastback or coupe panels as they are not the same.

If your 72 is a very early 72 it may not have had retractable rear seat belts.

Tom,

Panels from 1971 did not have the seat belt cut out. The 72/73 panels had them when they went to the retractor seat belts. Post a pic to tell if you bought fastback or coupe panels as they are not the same.
Attached

Tom,

Can't seem to make it work do I have to be a member of the tinypic thing?

My car is number 38,678 for 1972 it is a 351c Q code that slipped through with factory ram air

You can not confuse the convertible panels with others. There's a clear pocket in the top edge. The pockets are about 4" wide, starting at the trailing edge of the window the top edge turns in 4 inches, then turns rearward for about 10".

Back