My other old Ford

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

york0060

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C 2v, Auto
Just wanted to show you my 1968 F100. This was my grandfathers truck and was given to me after he passed away about seven years ago. I actually went with him when he test drove the truck when I was 4 years old. It has a 300 6 cylinder with the 3 on the tree. All original except for the wheels. My son loves driving it too and he makes 4 generations driving it. Some cool grandpa added accessories are a old time oil can mounted under the hood on the inner fender ( in case something squeaks) and a plastic container behind the seat that always had change in it so when we got gas, he would always let us raid it to go buy a candy bar and a pop. Good memories in that old truck.

IMG_0025.JPG

Great that you kept the truck. That engine is one of the best that Ford had with 7 main bearings bullet proof. I drove a 69 Ford Van with a 240 inline 6 467,000 miles. Same engine just smaller.

When they were doing the Cash for Clunkers or Cars thing they had to pour the ground up glass in the crankcase and run the engine until it seized to prevent resale. At one dealer I know a mechanic that did those. A Ford 300 six ran for 30 minutes at full throttle before seizing. Some Japan vehicles would only run for seconds before seizing. It had the record at their shop for longest running.

Hope the kids keep it also.

Back