73 Urethane Bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNMustang73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
My bumper may be beyond repair. The inner support is seriously rusty and the urethane on the bottom of the bumper has some large rips. Are there any recommended repair shops that have the experience required to repair these bumpers? Better yet are there any leads on a decent bumper for sale? I hate to even ask this, but are there other options for the 73? Its really too bad no one makes a replacement :chin:

Do some searches on craigslist. I turned down a couple in my travels last year for $100 with both impact boxes good. I do not know of another option. They are heavy about 90 lbs. complete. You can repair the rubber but not the rusted out steel and crushed impact boxes. I buy stuff and nobody wants and stuff I don't people need, lol.

Mnmustang,

Crites Restorations makes a Fiberglass replacement bumper for a 73 if that is the route you want to go.

Thanks, Jay
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. If I cannot find a repairable urethane bumber I will have to look at options such as this until I find an original.

::thumb::

Back